Directions to Port Everglades

58Piano

We live in Central Florida. We have always taken the cruise connection bus. This time we plan to drive ourselves. I know you take the turnpike to Ft Lauderdale. But what if we exited at FL 70 in Ft Pierce. Then took I-95 the rest of the way. This saves atleast $6.00 in toll fees. Has anyone done this way? Where do you like to eat along the way. We start at Leesburg Hwy 27 exit.

It's going to be 20+ miles extra going that route; most of it will be only two lanes southbound. That's also true on the Turnpike, but with a lot less local congestion.

The $6 is totally worth it (probably closer to $3 when you factor in the extra gas for miles and possible stop/go driving). I've done it both ways, and 95 all the way is a hassle.

Eat in Ft Pierce. Best option.

You'll get more/better opinions on the Port Forums.

We live in Central Florida. We have always taken the cruise connection bus. This time we plan to drive ourselves. I know you take the turnpike to Ft Lauderdale. But what if we exited at FL 70 in Ft Pierce. Then took I-95 the rest of the way. This saves atleast $6.00 in toll fees. Has anyone done this way? Where do you like to eat along the way. We start at Leesburg Hwy 27 exit.

That's the way we go when driving down from Orlando.

LuLu

~~~

I just did that trip a couple of weeks ago, I set my Garmin to "no tolls" and it took me all the way up missing the turnpike and the tolls in Orlando. It did not take me any more time than when I had done it with the turnpike and a change of scenery is nice. BTW there is lots of construction at Port Everglades.