Vision of the Seas - Colombia and Bonaire

My wife and I recently got married and we are sailing on Vision of the Seas out of Panama on April 19. We are both in our late 20s and are adventurous and are looking for suggestions on beaches or adventurous activities to take part in when we get to Cartagena, Colombia an Bonaire since we have never been there.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

My wife and I recently got married and we are sailing on Vision of the Seas out of Panama on April 19. We are both in our late 20s and are adventurous and are looking for suggestions on beaches or adventurous activities to take part in when we get to Cartagena, Colombia an Bonaire since we have never been there.

I have not done this cruise, but you might want to read the (long) thread on this Vision cruise at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2000899

LOL!! That's my thread and review that TravelerThom posted!! I was going to say......The Woodwind snorkeling in Bonaire is fabulous. It kicked our butts, but I'm sure you can handle it!! Check it out on my thread.....lots of pictures. I am jealous that you are going on this cruise!! It was one of our favorites!!

Vision of the Seas is my favorite ship, and Bonaire is really nice. We took a snorkel cruise on the Chinese junk and loved it. Bonaire also has an open air market with surprisingly nice crafts.

Hi loyal to royal we are on the same cruise with you. Though we have never been to Bonaire, we decided to take wind surfing lessons.

We loved Bonaire. You can't go wrong snorkeling there. Woodwind (http://www.woodwindbonaire.com/) was great - it was the best run snorkel tour we've been on ( and good drinks also).

150 million % do the Woodwind!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=41696114#post41696114

DSCN0006_zps4ea6c1d8.jpg

DSCN9959_zpsee1e68ef.jpg

DSCN9950_zps5ccf6aee.jpg

DSCN9998_zpsc15379a4.jpg

DSC05345_zps6c0e3f02.jpg

These are only 5 of about 300 photos I have of that day... No, these are not file photos nor is this a paid advertisement! :p

...adventurous activities to take part in when we get to Cartagena, Colombia ...Does anyone have any suggestions?

This is definitely a DYI city imo... some of my best days in foreign cities have been adventurizing on my own.

When getting off the ship, the port itself has a really nice aviary with a ton of pink flamingos, toucans, talking parrots, etc... I've got some great photos. Spent time there both coming off the ship and then getting back on.

Taxi's are readily available... $15 cab ride 10min takes you to San Felipe Fort, an absolutely must do imo. Plan for about 2 hours

DSC05081_zps125df6a7.jpg

DSC05204_zps3a409469.jpg

DSC05202_zps97b90d73.jpg

Then another 2-3 $5 cab ride, or about 15min walk you will be in "Old Town", another must see/must do... various inexpensive museums (ie. The Spanish Inquisition Museum, etc), churches, street vendors, great buildings)

DSC05128_zps06166b9a.jpg

DSC05131_zps98b7cc3c.jpg

DSC05135_zps891613a5.jpg

You are absolutely going to LOVE this cruise!