Back to back cruise advice...

cruisefan2012

Just booked seperately 2 different cruises on Britannia - a 2nt followed by an 11nt - luckily in the same cabin for both cruises

Just wondering what the procedure is for doing a back to back

When we return to Southampton am I expected to get off the ship and re-check in or once I check in for the first cruise will I be checked in for the second cruise too?

Would I be able to stay on the ship? or have to get off? If I have to get off I`m sure I could find a things to do in Southampton to keep me entertained

Would like to hear from other cruise critic fans that have done back to back cruises on what you got up on "turn around" day ?

Not done a back to back at Southampton, but would expect you would just carry on as if you were still on the cruise - can get off if you want or stay put. I think you may need to settle the bill for the first cruise at change over though. There will likely be only certain venue(s) open for food, drink etc. Poss just the self service restaurant

Not an expert on P&O re that, so others may prove me wrong.

Just booked seperately 2 different cruises on Britannia - a 2nt followed by an 11nt - luckily in the same cabin for both cruises

Just wondering what the procedure is for doing a back to back

When we return to Southampton am I expected to get off the ship and re-check in or once I check in for the first cruise will I be checked in for the second cruise too?

Would I be able to stay on the ship? or have to get off? If I have to get off I`m sure I could find a things to do in Southampton to keep me entertained

Would like to hear from other cruise critic fans that have done back to back cruises on what you got up on "turn around" day ?

First, you do not have to get off. As you are in the same cabin you actually do not have to do anything except go to the reception desk and check in for your second cruise. If you want to get off you get off with the crew and not the departing passengers. Last time we did it you could get a ride on the crew bus into Southampton. When you come back you come on with the crew via a separate entrance.

You can of course use any facilities which are open which in the morning will not be many. The bars will reopen sometime after lunch. There may be a MDR lunch for you, ask. You are free to do whatever you choose.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

dai B

I was hoping you would reply - you are the cruise expert !!

Thank you

Cruisefan2012

What you after. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We have done a 2 night followed by an 18 night. Unfortunatly not in the same cabin, so part of our day was moving.....

Doing another one shortly, that is an 17 followed by 9. However on turnaround day I will be in the laundry room....sort of Cinderella like.

It's really nice wandering around an empty ship. I took lots of pix last time...