If you could take one 10-12 night cruise what would it be?

cruiserone

Again, thank you all. I think that Greece has won out, at last!!!!

We have done the Canada/New England cruise a few years ago on RCCL and we have done the Italy, Spain, Monaco, cruise on the old Orient Lines about 10 years ago.

Will be on the Summit in a few weeks and want to plan out our cruise while on board.

These boards are wonderful!!!!!!!!!!! It's great that everyone is willing to share so that others can have an exciting cruise.

Carol

Cruises are a great introduction to new places, but pre- and post-cruise stays are even better if you can arrange them. We stayed 3 days in Firenze last year, 1/2 block from Piazza di Signoria, and 3 days in Istanbul. If you choose your hotels and restaurants as carefully as you choose your cabin, the costs are doable,especially not having to pay for overpriced excursions. Rick Steves has a good series of guidebooks to help you get the most authentic experience for any budget travel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Barcelona to Villefranche (for whatever you choose) to Naples (for Pompeii) to Mykonos (to relax) to Kusadasai for Ephesus and Roman Villas and to shop; then to Rome for a day trip to see St. Pete and the Forum w/post cruise in Rome or a return to Barcelona for air home.

Penny

Which cruise is so full on the Serenade of the seas for October, 2015?

I checked the roll call for the October 7 cruise because I thought that would be the most popular for fall foliage and there are only about 14 posts. Maybe it is the later one. I think going on the October 19 cruise would be too chilly.

I wish it was a round trip New Jersey cruise as I have heard flying to/or from Quebec is expensive although I haven't checked yet.

We did a Canada/New England 11 night cruise in 2006 on the Celebrity Constellation and we loved it. Loved the ports. Quebec City was the only port that we had terrible weather and it was very cold with bad wind and rain, but we went out and about anyway. I would like to do it again. Thanks for the tip.

I booked this cruise for the itinerary as I have seen Fall foliage dozens of times. If we happen to get some, so much the better but I am not counting on it. I haven't seen the prices of the Celebrity NE cruise yet but I would bet they are double this one for the same number of nights. The air from New jersey to Quebec is under $200 one way, certainly not a big deal considering the cost of the cruise is so low although it is going up from the initial booking date.

The size of the roll call is amazing this far out.

My vote would also be for a Mediterranean cruise, which I will be doing next month. That is Number One on my bucket list and I still can't believe I'm actually going! Did #3 last Fall by doing the cruise to Hawaii. #2 is Panama canal. Further down the list is Canada , so now I'm going to look into that Oct. 19 Splendour sailing. So nice to learn that kind of info on CC!

Pat :)

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Not surprised that the islands of the Med were included. We did the Med tour many years ago. Did Barcelona and Italy. We personally have been to Italy many times as I want to retire there for a year or two. But Greece has been on my mind for years.

Thank you all for your input it is so appreciated.

I love these boards and have learned so much about cruising and traveling over the years.

Carol

Ditto all the above cruise destination choices, but be sure to pick one of Celebrity's Solstice class ships such as Silhouette or Equinox

The choice of this class of ship along with Mediterranean itinerary will make for a memorable cruise.

now I'm going to look into that Oct. 19 Splendour sailing. So nice to learn that kind of info on CC!

Pat :)

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Oops...sorry...meant Serenade of the Seas!