Personal trainer services? Indep of the seas?

Hi, sailing next Saturday (yea!) on independence for first time since getting in shape. At home I see a trainer 3 times a week to keep up with my weight training regiments as I am extremely undisciplined on my own, as well as a lack of efficiency in working out.

I see that independence offers personal trainers. Has anyone used these services? Would you recommend them? Should I wait to book onboard or at least schedule one now online?

Thanks!!!

Go for it.

Like you I work out with a trainer a couple of times a week at home. I used to diligently pack my gym clothes each cruise, but somehow they were still neatly folded when it was time to pack them for the trip home. I finally decided I needed the commitment of an appointment to make sure I got to the fitness center.

I was a bit worried that the trainer might not have a lot of experience with one-on-one training or that the session would end up being a sales pitch for some fitness product, but I was very pleasantly surprised. I got a great workout and they were able to vary the workouts over several sessions. I even got to try a little boxing which was a lot of fun.

Try booking pre-booking a session early in the week or at the spa tour on the first day. If you like the trainer, you can always add a couple of sessions later on in the cruise.

Have a great time on your cruise!

Edited by Lady Darci

Thanks!!!! I'm past the online booking deadline for Saturdays sailing but I can't imagine they'd sell out of sessions, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by sr5242

• 1 year later...

I was having trouble sleeping and playing around online and found my old thread and wanted to update for anyone interested

Since this post I've hired personal trainers onboard three times

For the April 2014 Indy cruise I had a lovely young girl from India who worked on boxing and cardio with me

For my dec 2014 serenade cruise I hired Fernando who did strength training and tabata with me

For my April 2015 celebrity silhouette cruise I hired Mario who did strength with me

They were all very knowledgeable friendly and dedicated

I plan to hire a trainer this dec 2015 on the jewel

In terms of fees and booking, I'd wait till your onboard as they will usually offer you a deal, like buy three sessions get one, etc