oasis v Allure

Hi, I want to go on one of the above just for the experience of sailing on such a large ship but not sure which is the best. I assume they both have central park, zip wire, carosel , aqua theatre. So what makes one better than the other apart from the itinnary

Hi, I want to go on one of the above just for the experience of sailing on such a large ship but not sure which is the best. I assume they both have central park, zip wire, carosel , aqua theatre. So what makes one better than the other apart from the itinnary

I don't think one is better than the other. Choose whatever is the best price and fits your schedule better. Oasis sails on Saturday and Allure sails on Sunday.

Edited by clarea

As others have pointed out, it will probably depend on your schedule and to some extent the itinerary, but otherwise the differences include the dining venues (Allure is a bit better, with the Dog House and others), the musical (Hairspray vs. Chicago, both very well done), and the artwork on Oasis, which is by far superior to that on Allure. We thought the food was marginally better overall on Allure, but that is subjective.

I'm afraid you'll have to try both and decide for yourself if one surpasses the other. :D

Edited by CntPAcruiser

As others have pointed out, it will probably depend on your schedule and to some extent the itinerary, but otherwise the differences include the dining venues (Allure is a bit better, with the Dog House and others), the musical (Hairspray vs. Chicago, both very well done), and the artwork on Oasis, which is by far superior to that on Allure. We thought the food was marginally better overall on Allure, but that is subjective.

I'm afraid you'll have to try both and decide for yourself if one surpasses the other. :D

I like your thinking!

I chose Allure over Oasis.

It was newer, brand new in fact as we sailed Allure in December 2010.

Wanted to try Samba's and it was great for us. Can't think of Mexican catina over seafood, but Mexican to us was average.

We also liked show Chicago.

We want to sail again. Now we also have to look at Quantum

Hi,

Did both the Allure and Oasis. To me there were things on the Allure that I liked better than the Oasis and things on Oasis I liked better than the Allure, Doghouse instead of Doughnut shop, did not go to either Rita's or Seafood Shack, heard that at best both are just OK, liked Solarium Bistro on Oasis better than Samba Grill on Allure. All the shows on both ships area great!! Chose which one fits your schedule and either the Eastern or Western cruise. GO AND ENJOY, both GREAT SHIPS!!

see my review of the Oasis by clicking the url..

They are the exact same The Allure smelled worse and rocked more making me sick. I later found out that the captain on the allure at the time didn't like to have the stabilizers on. The ships had different restaurants and shows. Even though the ships are practically same, I had a better time on the Oasis.

Edited by lazeyey

We have sailed on the Oasis twice (2011 & 2012) and just got off the Allure yesterday.

I personally preferred the Allure due to the restaurants. My favorite meal was the Samba Grill (Brazilian steakhouse) on Allure. I also liked the Boardwalk Hot dog stand on Allure with the 5-6 varieties of hot dogs / brats / sausages. The Seafood Shack (Oasis) versus Rita's Cantina (Allure) are a wash. Rita's does have a "fiesta" meal that was fun... drinks, food, dancing.

I believe all other dining was identical on the two ships.

As others have pointed out, the shows are different.

Oasis: Hairspray and Come Fly With me (if they still have these)

Allure: Chicago and Blue Planet

I enjoyed all of the above shows - Blue Planet was my favorite.

The rest of the features of the ships are identical (Allure is 2 inches longer).

The final determination would be if you have a preference of the departure day (Oasis = Saturday, Allure = Sunday) and what itinerary you want for the week you are considering.

Bottom line... you won't make a bad decision. Both ships are incredible and we have enjoyed them every trip.

Do you pay extra for the Boardwalk hotdogs or are they free?

Boardwalk hot dogs are free. Along with the normal condiments they have grilled peppers, grilled onions, and sauerkraut you can also put on them.

They also have potato salad and coleslaw for sides here.

They are the exact same The Allure smelled worse and rocked more making me sick. I later found out that the captain on the allure at the time didn't like to have the stabilizers on. The ships had different restaurants and shows. Even though the ships are practically same, I had a better time on the Oasis.

"Smelled worse"? What on earth does THAT mean?

I sailed Oasis exactly four weeks ago...and Allure exactly one year before...and I preferred Allure for many of the reasons mentioned above.

A couple other differences that I don't think have been mentioned yet:

- Allure has TWO ice shows (Ice Games and How to Train your Dragon), while Oasis has only a single show (Frozen in Time). IMHO, the show on Oasis was better.

- There's a small play area for kids on the boardwalk on each ship...much better on Oasis, including a double decker bus.

...plus, if shows are important, don't forget that later this year, Oasis will lose Hairspray. Cats will be the new show on Oasis :(

If you're booking even further out, don't be surprised if Chicago gets replaced by something else as part of her dry dock next year.

Wow thanks for all your useful comments its certainly given me food for thought.

I was thinking about April 15 to fit in with my leave year at work so will have to see what is happening with both ships a little nearer the time, I do like to plan ahead though! :)

Nice to have something to look forward to.