limes in drinks

axoxo

Not even just that .Bartenders /servers touch money then your fruit. Its impossible to wash your hands enough or with every transaction. And I am very clean and wash my hands constantly

They touch their nose and other parts as well. I even look at their hand placement on my glass. Better not be too high!

True, true and more truth!!!.... HOWEVER>>>>> if you are "worried" about the condition of the lime/ fruit in your drink (just put more alcohol in it) ......and not worried about the ice, food, or dishes on a cruise....then I might suggest that you aren't "worrying" enough. I'm a chef by trade.....I could tell you stories....and you may never eat anywhere again. *EVER* lol

True, true and more truth!!!.... HOWEVER>>>>> if you are "worried" about the condition of the lime/ fruit in your drink (just put more alcohol in it) ......and not worried about the ice, food, or dishes on a cruise....then I might suggest that you aren't "worrying" enough. I'm a chef by trade.....I could tell you stories....and you may never eat anywhere again. *EVER* lol

Note to self: don't eat out in West Virginia. :D

I won't even allow a sliced lemon to be put in my water. I'll send it back if I get one.

I think I wanted to throw up when I saw some expose that the filth on the outside of the fruit just carries through the fruit on the knife used to slice that fruit, and ends up in that wedge. And ends up in your drink.

No thanks!

then I'm sure you are also careful of all melon, pineapple, basically ALL fruit?? Oh....and the veggies.....hmmmm. How about meat?? do you eat?? :rolleyes:

I'm not being mean.....just light hearted :D:D:D the cruise industry....and the restaurant industry would cease to exist if humans couldn't "handle" it.

Happy sailing!

Not worried at all ,I just have a choice as to what I eat or drink and I order without any fruit.Putting more alcohol does nothing except dilute the chemicals :)

Note to self: don't eat out in West Virginia. :D

LOL....I'm not working in that field here. Ever been to Newport, RI? or Miami/ Ft. Lauderdale? I've got a whole list, but its a bit long.......you get my drift?

My local supermarket posted there was a bad freeze in Mexico as the reason for the lime shortage. I like limes and lemons equally, I don't get why some on here are so dramatic about this. Seriously, you are going to send a drink back because it has a lemon instead of a lime? geez

You must not like lime drinks.

I drink Classic Daiquiris, caipirinhas, margaritas and mojitos. These are all lime juice based drinks. Substituting a lemon will completely ruin the drinks. Putting a lemon garnish instead of a lime garnish wouldnt matter though.

Originally Posted by tkportersat View Post

My local supermarket posted there was a bad freeze in Mexico as the reason for the lime shortage. I like limes and lemons equally, I don't get why some on here are so dramatic about this. Seriously, you are going to send a drink back because it has a lemon instead of a lime? geez

It's like giving Miracle Whip to someone who asked for Mayonnaise. It's not the same and most people would send it back.

I bought a lime yesterday at the grocery store. 1 tiny, sad, pathetic looking lime. The cashier was laughing at until she rung it up. :(

Last year I tried to bring 3 limes in my carry on cruising on Carnival Freedom out of f t Lauderdale - they were confiscated.

Wonder if there were potential pests in the fruit? At times we can't give fruit to friends outside of certain area.

Yes, I actually do....Mojitos and Margaritas are favorites of mine. I still think it is silly......to make that big of a stink over a lemon vs. lime. If I was told beforehand I would pick a different drink...if not I would drink it and pick a different drink next time.

You must not like lime drinks.

I drink Classic Daiquiris, caipirinhas, margaritas and mojitos. These are all lime juice based drinks. Substituting a lemon will completely ruin the drinks. Putting a lemon garnish instead of a lime garnish wouldnt matter though.

Not for me, I like both. I hate onions and if they are put on my item I take them off. I have much more pressing issues going on in my life than to freak out over a lemon.

It's like giving Miracle Whip to someone who asked for Mayonnaise. It's not the same and most people would send it back.

I bought a lime yesterday at the grocery store. 1 tiny, sad, pathetic looking lime. The cashier was laughing at until she rung it up. :(

Yes, I actually do....Mojitos and Margaritas are favorites of mine. I still think it is silly......to make that big of a stink over a lemon vs. lime. If I was told beforehand I would pick a different drink...if not I would drink it and pick a different drink next time.

I would send it back IF it tasted bad and they didn't tell me ahead of time. I dont see what is wrong with sending back something you didn't order.

I agree though, tell me in advance and I will pick something else.

Edited by cdamion

That is certainly your prerogative...I just don't personally understand it. Plus you take a chance of someone adding a little something extra to your new drink, I don't take those risks ;). Honestly I have ordered drinks that tasted like crap the way the bartender made it....too strong, etc. I am not sending it back. I will drink it or not and order a beer next time.

I would send it back IF it tasted bad and they didn't tell me ahead of time. I dont see what is wrong with sending back something you didn't order.

I agree though, tell me in advance and I will pick something else.

As noted, it had to do with the weather, but mainly from the cartels, and their attempt to control the land, and extort protection money from the farmers in various parts of Mexico according to news reports last week.

They are readily available. They are just expensive. They could easily offer limes at an additional cost. Say 50 cents/slice or something. If I preferred my drink that way I'd pay up without a problem.[/QUOTE]

You might be willing to pay the extra 50 cents but I guarantee 9 out of 10 people would complain and threaten to switch cruise lines. :eek:

Also there is a lime shortage and therefore they are not readily available.

As noted, it had to do with the weather, but mainly from the cartels, and their attempt to control the land, and extort protection money from the farmers in various parts of Mexico according to news reports last week.

You are correct: http://www.policymic.com/articles/87037/there-s-a-lime-shortage-in-america-and-the-reason-is-straight-out-of-a-breaking-bad-episode?utm_source=policymicFB&utm_medium=main&utm_campaign=social

They are readily available. They are just expensive. They could easily offer limes at an additional cost. Say 50 cents/slice or something. If I preferred my drink that way I'd pay up without a problem.[/QUOTE]

You might be willing to pay the extra 50 cents but I guarantee 9 out of 10 people would complain and threaten to switch cruise lines. :eek:

Also there is a lime shortage and therefore they are not readily available.

Your post explains mine exactly. :D See, 9 out of 10 people won't pay for the lime so limes will be readily available for me. LOL

No freeze in San Carlos, and we just shake the tree and knock the limes off when we need them.

Mine are falling off. Best when they're yellow anyways. Never understood a green lime as they are much more lime-y when yellow.

(Squeezed one into my Carnival Tervis cup and it was almost too sour!)

No freeze in San Carlos, and we just shake the tree and knock the limes off when we need them.

Maybe you should start selling them! You could make enough to pay for the next cruise!