Strange Solarium Bistro Question

I'm curious as to why so many think this would not be an issue? As stated, the Solarium Bistro on Oasis is a pay-venue at night, meaning guests are charged the cover charge. I mean, what's to prevent a couple from only paying one cover charge, yet feeding the other off their plate when supposedly staff are not watching? ((not intended for OP here, just in general))

I think OP may find she has difficulty with this scenario; perhaps it's best to speak to the manager once they board. :)

It will not be a problem, I guarantee it. All you have to do is tell the waiter the other person is just keeping you company and wont be ordering anything.

My Husband is a very picky eater and will not eat anything on the dinner menu, however all of it sounds wonderful to me. So here is the question, would we have an issue at all with just me eating there and him just" keeping me company"? I guess he could at least get a drink so he was not completely void of spending money.

Hi Liberiben,

I just posted the menu and pictures of our meal at Solarium Bistro on the Oasis from our cruise a two weeks ago, everyone at the table loved it, even my wife who is very selective as to what she eats. Click on the link below. It should be on the last page, but feel free to read the entire review:)

As long as he pays the cover, they don't really care how much or how little he orders. Of course, if you're spending a lot on meals he won't eat, you might see if that money can go towards counseling, so that he can get over his food issues. There is growing attention to this disorder, and there is help available, including professional care and support groups: http://www.livescience.com/10301-adult-picky-eaters-recognized-disorder.html

He actually does have an issue with texture aversion, he gags and sometimes worse. I used to blame his Mom(we are good at that :) ) until I had a baby who is now 6 and she has the same issue. And trust me I try everything with her. I knew it when I married him, and trust me if that is the only thing I have to "deal with" with my awesome husband I think I am pretty blessed :)