Butts up cave tubing. How is the walk

JoeLongIsland

It is uphill but a gradual incline so no worries there. It is a worn path through the rain forest so it is a bit uneven. There are also some rock steps to go up and down. I'd say it depends on the person.

Keep in mind that it's quite humid also.

• 2 weeks later...
From what I have read on here, they are one of the few companies that you DONT carry your own tube up. I can't attest first hand as we don't do ours till may ! But maybe email them to find out ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We definitely carried our tubes up. It wasn't terribly difficult. The staff will carry any child's tube. We were there March 2014.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Just back first week of April. It's a long walk, most not hard. Going across shallow rivers on river rock is harder, must watch your step.

When they picked us up we had an aentire large bus filled to capacity. Some were combining tours with ATV or zip lining. Some logistics involved in getting people where they belonged.

You carry your own tube unless they take pity on you!

We had to literally dash into the restaurant, grab a plate with a chicken tamale and get back on the bus for the 50 minutes ride back to town. Last tender was 4pm, we got there at 4:15pm. Not happy. Long line for last tender so we all made it.

Way too many people even though they broke up our group into groups of 16, 8 side by side clipped together. Many other groups were on the river at the same time.

I would suggest contacting .bz because they will carry the tubes for you (they go ahead of the group and have them there waiting for you when you get to the water to get in).

They will go at your own comfortable pace. Also, they are very informative on things along the way, so it's not a straight walk there non-stop, which makes it a lot easier because you get to rest.

We had an elderly couple with us on one of our tours and they went at their pace (walked with a cane). Also, each time we have went, we had either 1 child or 2 (first time our daughter was 3 years old, second time she was 5 years old and our grandson was 4)...so they walk slow as well. ;)

I have 2 reviews in my signature line with pictures and you can see what it's like.

We had a great experience with them!.we had an older couple in our group and they did carry the womens tube for her they also offered to carry mine but i was good.The walk was a bit long but if you have a great guide like we did and told you all about what you see in the beautiful rain forest it went quick!.their was 13 in our group including a few kids we all kept a pretty good pace walking the trail.we spent more time in caves then people who booked off the ship.lunch was ok had plenty of time to sit and eat and take pics.we had a wine tasting on the bus and they had us back an hour and half before last tender back to ship..over all great experience!

How was the depth of the water? Was there any difficulty with shallow water? Or did you get to float the entire way down?

Only at the very beginning and very end was the water less than 12" deep. Even the heaviest in our group had no problems. You just lift your "butts up"

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Went on the excursion in April through Carnival". Very long bus ride rather boring. Long walk through the jungle carrying tube. Then you float through caves all the same. Frankly not worth the effort.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The Butts Up! peeps use big buses and our rides have been anything but boring! It is a long ride, so make sure you've gone to the bathroom before boarding. We've had Speedy on our bus the last 2 times, and he's a riot! Loves his job, has a great time and makes sure you do too! You can ask your guide to carry your tube as long as there aren't a bunch of kids. We went during the rainy season (rain forest, so that's a lot of the time) and crossing the river and holding on to your tube proved to be tricky for a few. Hold the rope with your non-dominant hand, the tube with the other and take it slowly.

We keep going back to the Butts Up! peeps because we have a great time and I think my DS would be very upset if we didn't because he looks forward to the spicy chicken Belizean tamale for lunch. They are huge (size of a very large buritto) and awesome! Oh, and we do the tubing with ziplining.