Help! Sky, Majesty of the Seas or Ecstasy?

allison0523

Hi. My friend and I are looking at doing a 4 night bahamas cruise on the Sky, Majesty of the Seas or Ecstasy. The prices are pretty much the same. Sky goes to grand bahama, nassau and the private island. Majesty goes to Nassau, coco cay and key west. Carnival ecstasy leaves the same day too but goes to Key West and Cozumel. But the port times are strange. 7-130p at Key West and 130p-100am at Cozumel. We have been on all 3 lines before and I think they are all similar. Which would you pick and why? Thank you for your help. ;)

Hi. My friend and I are looking at doing a 4 night bahamas cruise on the Sky, Majesty of the Seas or Ecstasy. The prices are pretty much the same. Sky goes to grand bahama, nassau and the private island. Majesty goes to Nassau, coco cay and key west. Carnival ecstasy leaves the same day too but goes to Key West and Cozumel. But the port times are strange. 7-130p at Key West and 130p-100am at Cozumel. We have been on all 3 lines before and I think they are all similar. Which would you pick and why? Thank you for your help. ;)

We've been on the 4-day Majesty cruise with that itinerary - It's a great little jaunt with good stops - small ship, but that kind of makes it nice!! I would take it again!

I like the Sky MUCH better than the Majesty- more to do, nicer/newer ship, and much younger crowd. Majesty seemed old and fuddy duddy. Also, we prefer balcony cabins- there are almost none on the Majesty (have to have a suite) whereas Sky has tons. I don't know about the Ectasy.

I will check out the Constellation. Sky prices seem to be dropping closer to the dates but the others seem steady. Plus I have a voucher for NCL to save a little more. Air is booked. Just still trying to decide on the ship.

Hi I just did the 4 day Ecstasy last month and I loved it! 2nd time sailing her and shes an amazing ship! Easy to navigate and the crew is wonderful. The hours aren't actually as bad as you think. Mexico is 1 hour behind and then you get to see the ship at night all lit up. I think its nice to see it!

Any how, whatever you pick, you'll have an amazing time!!

I just did a ship tour on the Sky and found it to be a super cute ship to get the job done for a short trip. Anything with Private Island in the itinerary is awesome. I sailed the Imagination which is similar to the Ecstasy but I think the E is better? Either way I didn't like it. I heard the Majesty is old and not great. When I book a short itinerary I will be booking the Sky, just not anywhere near Spring Break time, then all the little ships with short itineraries I heard are AWFUL :eek:

Check out the Celebrity Constellation. Prices are great, it's a 4 day and my favorite ship of the 16 that I've been on. Service is fantastic and the Adult solarium is amazing.

I have been on all 3 the OP mentioned and the Constellation: I totally agree with you, she is a wonderful ship and would be my first choice, followed by the Sky. My last choice would be the Majesty. It was probably our worst cruise with the smallest cabin. The itinerary was ok, otherwise no way. As for the Ecstasy, I can take it or leave it. I do like the size of the cabins a little better, but our experience was not the best. OUr cabin steward was great, the dining room wait staff, awful...It depends on the cruise.

Edited by newmexicoNita

I checked out the Constellation but the dates don't work for us. I feel like the Sky is probably our best bet. And really, the price for that is about 40% less than the Ecstasy. Would such a big price difference change anyones decision?

I checked out the Constellation but the dates don't work for us. I feel like the Sky is probably our best bet. And really, the price for that is about 40% less than the Ecstasy. Would such a big price difference change anyones decision?

Enjoy, you won't be sorry I don't think.