What do cruise lines help with infant needs?

Nanookz

Princess told me on the phone that the give any baby food or formula you need, as long as you tell them in advance. Someone here once mentioned also that Celebrity cruises provides baby food. Carnival does not provide formula or baby food, and I am not sure about Holland America. Royal Caribbean I do not believe provides food for babies, but they do have a program called Aqua babies for Parents and babies from 6 months old to 17 months old to have 45-minute interactive play sessions together, and Aqua tots for kids 18 months to three years old, also interactive 45-minute play sessions.

Norwegian, Disney, Costa and MSC Italian cruises are the only ones as far as I know which do not charge the full 3rd person fare for a baby under 2 years old. Norwegian is very nice to cruise with, and they go everywhere (Alaska, Hawaii, Caribbean, Bermuda, Florida, Mediterranean, etc.). They only charge port charges and government fees (I think around $285 for next summer's 8-night cruise we want to book). You can also eat whenever you want on NCL as long as the dining room is open. So you can go to dinner as early as 5:30 or as late as 9:30 or 10. Very flexible which I like. It's good with toddlers if they are used to eating by a certain time. I haven't been on a cruise since I had my baby in January but we are going next year when he will be 18 months old, the last time we can take advantage of the under two years old lower price. Disney does that also, but they are so expensive for the first two passengers that it would probably cost the same for you as a Royal Caribbean or Carnival cruise. It seems to me also, in case you plan to get travel insurance, that Carnival's is the most expensive, at $129 per passenger (you need to get it for each passenger in the cabin), as opposed to most which are anywhere from $59 a person to $99 a person from what I have seen.

NCL is very good to kids of all ages. My sister brought her older daughter on the Norwegian Sea with us when she was 14 months old and the staff loved her! They were so accommodating to the family. Then last year we all went on the Norwegian Dawn and she brought both kids. Her older one was jus short of 3 years old and the little one was 6 months old. They had no problems. Again the staff was wonderful with the children. our friends also came along and had an 11-month old daughter at the time and they wer great with her as well.

My sister is now on the Carnival Legend, returning Monday August 1st. I can get back to you about how they were with the kids, but her kids are a little older now. The older one is 4 and the little one will be 2 in September. I hope this all helps!!

-Bonnie

• 3 weeks later...

We were on the Pride of Aloha in January. They did not have babysitting for children <3 :(. But they had a very good kids crew program for children >2 :) . We did go on a Disney cruise when DD was 18mos and did fine. We were able to get a few diapers when we ran out at the end of the cruise.:eek:

Archived