Radiance 9256

We are booked on the Radiance for next February for an Aussie Top and Bottom Cruise. How much cover does the large verandah provide if any? It will be very hot on the top part - we are advised- and we will need cover to sit outside and enjoy our verandah. Also, is the cabin standard size for a D2 or is it a bit larger or smaller due to location?

The cabin is the same size as the normal D2. However, the balcony is huge. I had that cabin for an Alaska trip. There is not much overhang - maybe 3 feet (1 meter) just outside the door. You will get plenty of sunshine so you may need to cover up while out. In our case, it rained (poured!) almost every day of the cruise so we weren't able to use the balcony much.

We are booked on the Radiance for next February for an Aussie Top and Bottom Cruise. How much cover does the large verandah provide if any? It will be very hot on the top part - we are advised- and we will need cover to sit outside and enjoy our verandah. Also, is the cabin standard size for a D2 or is it a bit larger or smaller due to location?

A picture is worth a thousand words!!:D

Here is a picture of Radiance's aft cabins and balconies.

Radiancestern.jpg

I had that cabin one time. Though the balcony is quite nice I did not like it, nor would I ever book it again. Not much shade at all and I am not a sun person. If you love the sun it is great.:)

I had this cabin for a TA and couldn't use it, but my daughter got a beautiful tan. If you are looking for shade, this is not the cabin for you. You would be better off with any of the inner ones. The cabin size is the same as other D2's

We were in 9656 on Brilliance recently. How much shade you get from the overhang will be dependent on direction of travel and where the sun is.

We had times when it was well shaded and times when it was very sunny.

A picture is worth a thousand words!!:D

Here is a picture of Radiance's aft cabins and balconies.

Radiancestern.jpg

Thanks, Patti I now have a better idea of what the verandah looks like and how much shade it may offer. We had a large verandah and lots of coverage on a Southern Caribbean cruise this past Fall on the Eclipse. If the sun was shining on our side we could not use the verandah. I guess it happens. The photo has shade - and enough to cover the 2 chairs and the lounge. It gives me hope. :)

For others.......Hubsters first cruise was the Radiance in 9258........the balcony is quite deep with at least 75% coverage if not more. You will be out there on a lounge chair in the rain, and perfectly dry.

Even better, in warmer climates, you can sleep out there on your lounge chairs without worry of evening dew getting you wet. I've done it.

Not to worry 9256. We were right next to the cabin and they were out there in lots of weather. There is a reason this cabin is booked the first day reservations open.

We will be arriving in Alaska in 51 days and eventually staying in 1100 directly above. Have been counting down since the first day reservations opened-----450+ days. :-)