Solo Cruising & Younger Crowds?

Hi all,

I have to admit I lurk on the board a lot as it's a great resource for basically all cruise information. But now I do have a question to pose that I haven't gotten an exact answer on yet..

I'm a 28 year old male. Looking to book a solo cabin next year sometime. I'm obviously looking for a cruise to run into a lot of people my own age; late 20's early 30's.

Are there any specific cruises where that age group usually goes? Not sure if some routes/cruise ships are known for it more than others.

Appreciate any information/recommendations!

Thanks

WOW! Trying to find a large group of post college singles is a tough thing. But you can eliminate any longer cruises (anything over 10 days). Your best bet is going to be the typical 7 day Caribbean cruise and you might want to consider going on the monster of the Seas ships (Allure and Oasis) of RCI. Another line that attracts younger cruisers is Carnival.

Hank

Most anything under 7 days in the Caribbean during spring break will get you what you are looking for. Carnival, NCL and RC will probably have the greatest amount of 20-30 year olds.

Careful with the really short cruises as they sometimes bring out the young college students, which at your age, I don't think is what you are looking for.

Appreciate the feedback so far.

Sounds like what I'm hearing is shorter cruises with Carnival or RC have a good chance for fellow cruisers around my age.

Good to know, as I'd hope to have chances to do dinner, excursions, etc.. with a handful of people or a group I could relate to.

Thanks again for insight thus far.

NCL's newer ships, starting with the Epic, including Breakaway and Getaway have studio inside cabins, as does the new Quantum of the Seas. If you're booking solo, keep in mind most cabins are based on double occupancy. Other than studios, you're paying for 2 if you book a solo in a regular cabin, just no port taxes and fees for second person.