Help with current promo (what if the price drops?)

jt58203

I'm planning on cruising again in November. If I were to book during the current pick one of 4 promo, and if the price of the stateroom drops before November, would I get both the lower price & the promo item? Also, can this be combined with the RCCL shareholder benefit?

I'm planning on cruising again in November. If I were to book during the current pick one of 4 promo, and if the price of the stateroom drops before November, would I get both the lower price & the promo item? Also, can this be combined with the RCCL shareholder benefit?

The easy answer is NO to all your questions.

In the event of a price drop you'd be subject to the terms/conditions of that particular rate and if there is no other promo on you wouldn't be able to keep the one you have.

As far as the shareholder benefit goes I've asked and have been told it is not able to be combined with the recent promos.

Some people have said they've been able to take advantage of price drops but my guess is that is rare. I have a cruise booked for August and watch the prices weekly just in case. If you do see a lower rate it never hurts to ask.

If they are offering an equivalent promo (pick your perk vs 1,2,3 Go) at a lower price you may be able to receive a reduction in price. This depends on who you (or your TA) talk to at Celebrity and whether or not it is for "new bookings only". If the promo is not being offered, you can't get the price reduction and the perk.

I booked a cruise with a couple weeks ago with the 123 promotion. I did question the Celebrity agent about if the price was higher because of the promotion. She said I could call her back if the price went down before final payment and she would adjust my rate. She said the only discount that I could not use (and keep my drink package) would be something like a special fo military rate or some other special not available to everyone. She said I could take advantage of any other proce drops and still keep my drink package.

Easy answer to the first question. YES, you can get the lower price and keep your "perk/perks" provided the new lower price is not an exciting deal, senior, resident, category special, category guarantee, military, interline, travel agent or employee. As long as it is the going "standard" rate, you would definitely qualify. I have done this many times. Price drops DO happen. Depends on how popular the cruise you picked is. ;) Just make sure it is all before final payment.

I don't believe you can combine with the shareholder credit. Just ask the agent on board to make sure.

Another thing to keep in mind if you do see a price drop that you don't qualify for.......consider the $$ you are receiving with the OBC + either the bev. pkg, free gratuities, or additional OBC. You need to do the math. Someone may have gotten a better price but did they get all the "perks"? :)