anybody having trouble with RCI website?

I am on the booking page and where it shows you the available cabins there is a box that used to work that said "search staterooms" and you could enter a different stateroom # that wasn't on the page and it would tell you if it was available or not.

It doesn't seem to work anymore for the last couple of weeks. I am using Firefox browser and have also tried IE too but no luck.

Is it just my computer or is it RCI's website?

TIA

Bill

I am on the booking page and where it shows you the available cabins there is a box that used to work that said "search staterooms" and you could enter a different stateroom # that wasn't on the page and it would tell you if it was available or not.

It doesn't seem to work anymore for the last couple of weeks. I am using Firefox browser and have also tried IE too but no luck.

TIA

Bill

I just tried it and had the same problem. <Search Stateroom> button does not work.

The website is having a quirky day. I figured it out earlier when I was making a booking.

Hit the "Change your stateroom" button and a screen with some of the other available staterooms will appear. If none of those is what you want, there is a big blue button that says "Search stateroom." Before you click that, there is a drop down box to the right that defaults to "All Deckplan Codes." If "All Deckplan Codes" is showing, the search won't work. Hit the down arrow and select the cabin category that you want. After you enter the cabin category, enter the stateroom number in the box to the left.

TIA

Bill

You now have to select a catagory along with the stateroom for it to work.

TIA

Bill

I got it to work this way: click on click on "search staterooms" then where it says "All Deckplan Codes" with the downward arrow..click there and enter a code ie" D4, D5 etc...click on search staterooms and it will take you back to the original page but click on Search staterooms again and you will notice the cabin code is already filled in..just enter the room number you are thinking of and it will tell you if it is available..and will also list the available rooms in that catagory..

NOW I have another problem with the site ...I tried to make a payment online for my cruise in August and although I have used this cc before..it told me the cc was invalid..I did it twice..worried that it would charge me twice and both times it said the cc was invalid. I had JUST used it about 5 mins earlier and it was accepted. So is it the site? I am presently waiting for my Cruise Vacation Planner to call me back from RCI..to find out what is going on.

Thanks to the last 3 replies I got it to work.

Thanks so much. The cabin I was looking for is available too but the price in the last hour has almost doubled.

Thanks so much, I REALLY appreciate it. :)

Bill

That's horrible that the price has gone up so much, so quickly..perhaps you clicked on the wrong date? I did that just last week and thought ..wow, my cabin went down by $200!!! Duh, I clicked the wrong date! Cannot believe I did that but in my defense sometimes when you click on the cruise you want and it goes to the page where you put in your info like the # of travelers, mobility issues, discounts etc..the date reverts back to the first date on the list of cruises to that area without me being aware of it..

On another note..Just talk to my CVP at RCI & it was the site not my cc since when he ran it though, it was approved immediately.

TIA

Bill

I'm having problems also. I'm looking at the Jewel for Feb. '16 and I enter category d1 on deck 7 and it gives me deck 9. I enter a cabin # in "search stateroom and it still give deck 9 with a specific cabin #. Crazy.

I, too, have periodically had problems with cabin selections and availabilities. It would drive me crazy, so I would have my DH try on his computer, and he would have no problem....everything worked perfectly. At other times, the reverse would happen.....I had no issues, yet my DH did. A few times I had tried to check the price of a cruise we had booked, to see if there was a price drop, only to find my cruise didn't even show up as being offered! Very strange things. I finally called RCCL, and was told that due to the high volume of people using their website, this will happen, (some people will have problems while others won't) and that it's completely normal and expected. If that's the case, it's unfortunate they don't fix it!

I've been trying to register for a meet and mingle today. When I enter my booking #, it says the sailing isn't open for registration yet (it's 16 months away). But when I check to see if anyone's registered, there are already 3 people registered. :confused::confused: Any suggestions?

I, too, have periodically had problems with cabin selections and availabilities. It would drive me crazy, so I would have my DH try on his computer, and he would have no problem....everything worked perfectly. At other times, the reverse would happen.....I had no issues, yet my DH did. A few times I had tried to check the price of a cruise we had booked, to see if there was a price drop, only to find my cruise didn't even show up as being offered! Very strange things. I finally called RCCL, and was told that due to the high volume of people using their website, this will happen, (some people will have problems while others won't) and that it's completely normal and expected. If that's the case, it's unfortunate they don't fix it!

Could it be your browser? I use Chrome and found that when Cruise Docs become available for my cruises I have to load and print them from Internet Explore since I cannot see every page through Chrome. Don't know why this is but it happens every time.

I've been trying to register for a meet and mingle today. When I enter my booking #, it says the sailing isn't open for registration yet (it's 16 months away). But when I check to see if anyone's registered, there are already 3 people registered. :confused::confused: Any suggestions?

I cannot believe this is still happening!!! More then a year ago I had the same problem with the M&M! No matter what I did..I could not get it to accept my registration. I finally had to write to RCI and they manually added me and sent me an email to that effect. So sorry don't remember exactly WHO I wrote to but I looked around the site for an email. If I can find who I sent the email to I will post.

Could it be your browser? I use Chrome and found that when Cruise Docs become available for my cruises I have to load and print them from Internet Explore since I cannot see every page through Chrome. Don't know why this is but it happens every time.

I cannot believe this is still happening!!! More then a year ago I had the same problem with the M&M! No matter what I did..I could not get it to accept my registration. I finally had to write to RCI and they manually added me and sent me an email to that effect. So sorry don't remember exactly WHO I wrote to but I looked around the site for an email. If I can find who I sent the email to I will post.

'

My DH tells me it's not my browser. He's the brains with the computer, so I just have to trust what he tells me! lol Thanks for the suggestion, though! :)