Any Freedom moving updates?

parttimr

Just spoke with our PVP and she had no news yet but did state that someone had said JH did give all the info on Freedom but that she couldn't find anything on whether it is moving or not. We are booked for Feb 2015 and I know others are as well and it would be nice to know what was going on sooner than later.

Also in others experiences with this kind of thing do they normally keep the original itinerary of the previous booked ship or does that change as well?

Just spoke with our PVP and she had no news yet but did state that someone had said JH did give all the info on Freedom but that she couldn't find anything on whether it is moving or not. We are booked for Feb 2015 and I know others are as well and it would be nice to know what was going on sooner than later.

Also in others experiences with this kind of thing do they normally keep the original itinerary of the previous booked ship or does that change as well?

I'm anxiously awaiting the news on the move as well, not because I have a Freedom cruise booked, but because I'd LOVE to do her repo from FLL to Galveston! I thought it was a rumor, but I keep hearing from different people on the boards that they just got off the Freedom and the future cruise person mentioned the move. I'm really hoping this big mystery gets solved soon!

Edited by lovestocruise19

Which sailing are you on? We are booked Feb 21st.

From what I am understanding, if the Freedom moves it wont be until after May 2015. I think we are pretty safe that we will be on the Freedom :)

To replace which ship?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I read on another thread the Conquest but that is all speculation. I have read so many posts where people claim that while they were on the Freedom a crew member told them it was moving on this date/or that date. I am just not going to worry about it. We will all know when Carnival announces it :)

We are on the Feb 7 sailing. We really don't care which ship is there as long as the itinerary stays the same which is why we booked it to begin with. The rumors I have are the Conquest to FLL and the Freedom as a third ship out of Galveston. It would be nice to be on a 2.0 upgraded ship though. I also did hear the same thing as it would be after Feb if it were to happen. Guess were still in limbo for now, lol.

Right now I think Freedom's schedule only shows through April 2015, so I think anything past that is unknown. Everything else seems to be pure speculation.

Carnival posted the 2015 & 2016 for the Magic all out of Galveston, the dry dock is scheduled for Dry-dock: 2/08/15-3/15/15.

They have 11 ships itinerary's posted for 2015 -2016:

CARNIVAL PRIDE

CARNIVAL PARADISE

CARNIVAL ELATION

CARNIVAL DREAM

CARNIVAL VALOR

CARNIVAL GLORY

CARNIVAL LIBERTY

CARNIVAL SPLENDOR

CARNIVAL TRIUMPH

CARNIVAL FANTASY

CARNIVAL MAGIC

We are on the Feb 7 sailing. We really don't care which ship is there as long as the itinerary stays the same which is why we booked it to begin with. The rumors I have are the Conquest to FLL and the Freedom as a third ship out of Galveston. It would be nice to be on a 2.0 upgraded ship though. I also did hear the same thing as it would be after Feb if it were to happen. Guess were still in limbo for now, lol.

I've heard the same thing. Conquest to FLL and Freedom as third Galveston ship.

Oh, and don't worry if your ship switches to Conquest. Conquest has 2.0 upgrades (Guys, Blue Iguana Cantina, Red Frog Rum Bar, Blue Iguana Tequila Bar, Alchemy Bar, etc.) The only thing Conquest DOESN'T have is a Serenity Deck. Oh, and the Freedom would also have Red Frog Pub and Suess at Sea once she gets her upgrades.

Carnival posted the 2015 & 2016 for the Magic all out of Galveston, the dry dock is scheduled for Dry-dock: 2/08/15-3/15/15.

They have 11 ships itinerary's posted for 2015 -2016:

CARNIVAL PRIDE

CARNIVAL PARADISE

CARNIVAL ELATION

CARNIVAL DREAM

CARNIVAL VALOR

CARNIVAL GLORY

CARNIVAL LIBERTY

CARNIVAL SPLENDOR

CARNIVAL TRIUMPH

CARNIVAL FANTASY

CARNIVAL MAGIC

That seems like an awfully long dry dock! Maybe they give that big of a range before they settle on a specific two week time.