Pre-paid Grats booked/paid but not showing on reservation?

wencam

I'm not sure who your TA is, but I book my cruises with a large online cruise TA and things are done a bit different. I currently have one cruise booked in Aqua and and have done others through my TA with select dining, both of which require gratuities to be paid with final payment.

Since I have to prepay the gratuities with final payment, the TA gives me the equivalent amount in onboard credit, which usually appears within a day or so of the cruise. This never shows up on my online "my celebrity" account, but I always take a copy of my contract with the TA when I board, but have never had a problem.

You might want to ask your TA how it's handled when the customer has to prepay gratuities, do they reimburse you or give you OBC.

I don't think we are to be reimbursed because I requested that we pre-pay the grats. We chose the BEV pacakge for our "pick your perk" we upgraded to PREM BEV Package and paid that also.

I'll call/email TA and try and get this sorted out, thanks for your help!:)

First, don't mention TA names....

Second, you may be in a group booking and not even know it, and that's why the agency did the payment to themselves....Sometimes there will be a group on a cruise and you're added to it, to get other perks..

You're probably fine, but still.....make sure you have proof of what you've gotten as part of the booking...

Hi Christine,

Cr Card statment shows payment received by TA's head office - so to TA and not to Celebrity.

Is that why I cannot get a Celebrity Booking Confirmation Guest Copy from the TA?:)

Please plan on ditching this TA after your cruise! :eek: It certainly sounds, from everything you have said, that they are not being up front and honest with you. Any TA who refuses to forward the Booking Confirmation - Guest Copy from Celebrity should immediately be "suspect".

Once the reservation is made, regardless of who makes it, the Booking Confirmation is automatically generated by Celebrity. Perhaps you are part of a large group booking and Celebrity does not even have all the names of the passengers in that "group"??? And, they obviously don't have your money yet since the charge on your CC was to the TA. Have you tried to add your reservation to "My Celebrity"? Would be interesting to see if they even acknowledge it.

In any event, I hope it all works out to your satisfaction in the end. :)

First, don't mention TA names....

Second, you may be in a group booking and not even know it, and that's why the agency did the payment to themselves....Sometimes there will be a group on a cruise and you're added to it, to get other perks..

You're probably fine, but still.....make sure you have proof of what you've gotten as part of the booking...

oops, sorry about that, I'm still learning what is allowed or not allowed and new to forums:o

Yes I do have proof from TA but will look further into the Guest Copy confirmation from Celebrity - Thank you! :)

Please plan on ditching this TA after your cruise! :eek: It certainly sounds, from everything you have said, that they are not being up front and honest with you. Any TA who refuses to forward the Booking Confirmation - Guest Copy from Celebrity should immediately be "suspect".

Once the reservation is made, regardless of who makes it, the Booking Confirmation is automatically generated by Celebrity. Perhaps you are part of a large group booking and Celebrity does not even have all the names of the passengers in that "group"??? And, they obviously don't have your money yet since the charge on your CC was to the TA. Have you tried to add your reservation to "My Celebrity"? Would be interesting to see if they even acknowledge it.

In any event, I hope it all works out to your satisfaction in the end. :)

I have signed up for "my celebrity" and the reservation is there, and we have also booked a few excursions directly online with Celebrity so I'm confident we're booked.

I will however, as suggested by all you nice folks at CC, contact Celebrity to see if I can get the Guest Copy from them:)

oops, sorry about that, I'm still learning what is allowed or not allowed and new to forums:o

Yes I do have proof from TA but will look further into the Guest Copy confirmation from Celebrity - Thank you! :)

I think your TA should have really explained more to you. Tf they put you in a group (quite common) they should have told you and informed you about what they were doing, especially when you made the payments. I would call them and say Celebrity has not rec'd my funds yet, when will you be remitting them etc. I know of your TA, they have many franchise branches but you definitely need more info or you will be too stressed out to enjoy your cruise lol

If you want to email a fellow Canuck with any questions I am at cfhamilton at gmail dot com :)

Edited by Christine Frances

I think your TA should have really explained more to you. Tf they put you in a group (quite common) they should have told you and informed you about what they were doing, especially when you made the payments. I would call them and say Celebrity has not rec'd my funds yet, when will you be remitting them etc. I know of your TA, they have many franchise branches but you definitely need more info or you will be too stressed out to enjoy your cruise lol

If you want to email a fellow Canuck with any questions I am at cfhamilton at gmail dot com :)

Oh! I'm beginning to understand, thank you! :o

Good idea, I'll call TA and find out...and thank you for your email address, it's so nice of you and all the CC members to help!!!:D

Ask your TA to send you a copy of the "Guest copy" of the Celebrity invoice and that will show you everything in detail! You will not have to worry about what has been ordered and paid for and your mind will be at rest. Yes in AQ cabins you will be assigned to Blu, and that is why you need to prepay your gratuities.

Hope this helps.

Vicki

You do not have to prepay gratuities in any cabin. You only have to prepay if your dining in Select Dining. But I read it as your TA is paying your gratuities. If your booking Aqua just pick early or late dining to not prepay gratuites. As your are asigned Blu you eat when you want. We got your gratuities credited back to your visa after final payment. The reason we did was to use OBC to cover gratuities. Richard

You do not have to prepay gratuities in any cabin. You only have to prepay if your dining in Select Dining. But I read it as your TA is paying your gratuities. If your booking Aqua just pick early or late dining to not prepay gratuites. As your are asigned Blu you eat when you want. We got your gratuities credited back to your visa after final payment. The reason we did was to use OBC to cover gratuities. Richard

It seems I'm not communicating properly and I'm so sorry, I am such a newbie at this forum stuff! :o

No, our TA is not paying our grats for us (it was never offered to us, we chose the free BEV PKG as our "pick your perk") nor are they offering any OBC or any other discount, gift, or anything at all ....

So, we chose to pre-pay the grats now (yes we have AQ Class and Select and would have had to pay that anyway) ....so we have paid everything in full, including final balance --- I guess I have this uncontrollable need to pay any outstanding monies when I can, so all is paid and in advance of the final due date! LOL:D

Hope I'm not confusing you, or anyone else, any further, I should stop while I'm already behind!!:(

Thanks again for all the help and suggestions, I'll be sure to get this straightened out and I will ensure that we get what was booked and paid for ;)