Aft Carnival Liberty - too hot to use in August?

bailey57

Hi - I have a related thread on the Carnival forum but wanted to post here as for input from those sailing other cruiselines who might have experience.

Considering aft cabin (8450) for mid-August sailing on Carnival Liberty. I have two remaining concerns about this cabin:

1. realizing aft cabins get little to no breeze - tho' as the first cabin to the port side, I'd think we'd get at least some airflow...?? I live in Florida so understand hot, but not sure how stifling this may be. Figured we'd primarily use it morning and evening hours but it would be nice to sit and read during the day (that is, when sun isn't too direct).

2. Water on the balcony from nightly automatic washing of Lido windows above the cabin means every morn the chairs, etc., are soaked?

Any input from those who've sailed this ship, or others in a similar situation on other lines, very much appreciated. Thanks.

Gee, 101 views and not one opinion? :)

We let 8450 go, being below the Lido just didn't appeal to us. So are booking Empress, 1 deck down.

Still interested in thoughts on the query above if anyone can help. Thanks. :cool:

Hi. My husband and I are aft junkies. Love them. We usually don't cruise in the summer. However a few years ago in August we booked an aft wrap on the Carnival Freedom. It was just so hot that the only time we used it was very early in the morning for coffee and then after the sun went down. We decided that summertime cruising not for us.

Never had any issue with water or soot that would cause us not to book an aft.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. Yeah, I was thinking it would be much like summer in Florida. We don't spend much time outside during daylight, unless we're in water. I imagine Augusta GA isn't too different (tho' our beaches are definitely better). :p

It will likely be a coffee and cocktail locale... and lovely for that, I'm sure.

Thanks again. :)

8457 was our home for the last week and 8450 was occupied by the friends we were traveling with. It is toasty in peak sunshine time but is absolutely perfect to watch early morning sunrises and late night stargazing.

There was only one morning that our chairs were moist from the sprinklers, and it was a cloudy day. Throughout the afternoon I'd get the occasional drop, but the view and extra space more than compensate for the possibility of a wet lounge chair.

I'm sure you know, but both 8450 and 8457 have extra large balconies. We comfortably fit 4 adults, 2 lounge chairs, 2 upright chairs, and 2 tables. Enjoy your trip!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you for the info. We have since decided to go down one deck - just didn't like the idea of having Lido overhead, though very few said it was noisy in deck 8 cabins. We are now in 7449 - toward the starboard side, two in from the corner. So we have a slightly smaller balcony, but just two of us, so should be fine. And, we will have a sofa in the cabin as well since we didn't take the one right next to the wraparound. Very excited. All is well. :)

• 1 month later...

We had an aft once in August and there was no breeze and lots of sun. But, the early morning air was divine. No soot problems. We definitely prefer premium balcony port side more.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app