Do they take Us dollars On French side st. martin

Thinking of doing the tour which visits Marigot and beach break

Do they take US money.

Anyone done this....goes to Orient beach....do you know what part?

The beach break rendezvous goes next door to club orient. I was wondering if all the shore excursions to Orient goes to this section.

Would like to be further away from the nudity if possible.

My daughter 11 just learned about sex this week and seeing nudes everywhere will not be enjoyable for her:o Poor kid is "traumatized"...ahem I think 6th grade a little too young for such graphic info....anyhoo I digress.....

Thanks

Kerri

Thinking of doing the tour which visits Marigot and beach break

Do they take US money.

Anyone done this....goes to Orient beach....do you know what part?

The beach break rendezvous goes next door to club orient. I was wondering if all the shore excursions to Orient goes to this section.

Would like to be further away from the nudity if possible.

My daughter 11 just learned about sex this week and seeing nudes everywhere will not be enjoyable for her:o Poor kid is "traumatized"...ahem I think 6th grade a little too young for such graphic info....anyhoo I digress.....

Thanks

Kerri

They definitely do.....but prefer Euros. (just kidding)....they love US money!

At the souvenir stall in Marigot they even got the currency exchange rate

at 1 to 1 !

I asked for a price of a certain souvenir and the women told me

15 Dollars or 15 Euros! If that's everywhere the case in St.Martin then

you would be stupid to pay there in Euro!

In Martinque on the other hand (at least at the Depaz Rum Destillery) they got another rate for Dollar and Euro. An on this island the euro is much more common.

Most will take the dollar on an even exchange. When we had lunch in Grand Case they did convert to the going exchange rate of the Euro vs dollar.

I just came back from an Oasis Eastern cruise. See my review by clicking the link below

We used Bernard's tours for St. Maarten. We were six in our group and did a private tour which was about $66/pp. We went to Orient Beach (not the nude side) but still there were a few women who did go topless.

HAVE FUN

Been to Orient Beach many times, also with Bernard's tour and only seen a handful of topless a few times. Don't know where the ship's excursion St. Maarten Beach Rendezvous drops you off in Orient.

There's also a small mall in Marigot, called "West Indies Mall" where I purchase my perfume. They give you an additional 20% discount if paying with US$. The store is very similar to Sephora, here in the States.

marigot_waterfront.gif

At the souvenir stall in Marigot they even got the currency exchange rate

at 1 to 1 !

I asked for a price of a certain souvenir and the women told me

15 Dollars or 15 Euros! If that's everywhere the case in St.Martin then

you would be stupid to pay there in Euro!

In Martinque on the other hand (at least at the Depaz Rum Destillery) they got another rate for Dollar and Euro. An on this island the euro is much more common.

I have discovered the same thing. All the prices are in Euros, but they take 1 to 1. Stupid to not bring US cash over there.

If you want to use Credit Card, they will charge you the Price in Euros, so bring cash

Being a Euro user, I was planning on bringing my euro with me, on the basis that I'd get screwed on the exchange rate if using dollars. If they're exchanging them 1:1 I'll bring extra dollars!

As the other posters have said, there will be topless women at Orient. We had kids with us. My 11 yo granddaughter couldn't have cared less. My 13 yo grandson on the other hand never lifted his eyes from looking down at the sand. :eek: We will not be taking them back there when we go in September.:p

We are long time cruise vacationers and land vacationers to St Martin/Orient Beach, etc., First of all we only carry American money and use it everywhere through out the island; and Second our hotel is located along Orient Beach (Alamanda) and we lounge at the beach bar entitled "Kakao" and basically the only way you will see full nudity, not to mention some rogue stroller during the early afternoon hours you would have to seek the nude resort area of which is located along the far southern portion of the beach. Go with peace in mind and have a wonderful vacation.

Thanks everyone for all the great info.

The dollar it is:D

Originally was going to take a taxi over to kakou beach....now I'm considering

ship tour with the stop at Marigot....

Ohhhh decisions:D

Woooohooo today is the day....off to Ft Lauderdale for a beach day and boarding

Indy tomorrow:D:D

Kerri

Edited by luv2gonow

Book Bernards Tours. They will be the best tour you ever took. They take you to Orient Beach but keep you on the bathing suit side. The Naked side is a walk away for those who want to experience it, but this makes it ok for the kids. You will not be disappointed if you book Bernard