NCL- Star excursions? things to not miss?

melika091900

:D

Hi fellow cruisers -

My husband and I are going on our 3rd cruise in Jan 2006, this time we are trying NCl, and going on the Star to the mexican riveria,we are in our late 20's,like to do anything really

weve been to cabo but not to the other ports,(acapulco,ixtapa,puerto vallarta)

any shore excursions that are highly recommened??? we love the water, snorkeling not scuba, and we love to relax... any suggestions ?

and any other tips about this cruise ship I would appreciate , we are taking another couple with us and its their 1st cruise dont want them to be disappointed

other cruises weve been on to compare

CARNIVAL CONQUEST - WESTERN CARIBBEAN 9/26/04 ( RIGHT AFTER IVAN)

CELEBRITY MERCURY-CALIFORNIA COASTAL AND MEXICAN RIVERIA 10/2003

conquest was awesome great everything, except our balcony room was peach and pink,,, whoever came up with the color scheme was trippin

celebrity was nice since it sailed out from where we live, but older ship, older crowd,,, thats all i can say everyone was in bed at 9p, :(

thanks for any info,,, anyone going on same cruise 1/20/06???

:D

Hi fellow cruisers -

My husband and I are going on our 3rd cruise in Jan 2006, this time we are trying NCl, and going on the Star to the mexican riveria,we are in our late 20's,like to do anything really

weve been to cabo but not to the other ports,(acapulco,ixtapa,puerto vallarta)

any shore excursions that are highly recommened??? we love the water, snorkeling not scuba, and we love to relax... any suggestions ?

and any other tips about this cruise ship I would appreciate , we are taking another couple with us and its their 1st cruise dont want them to be disappointed

other cruises weve been on to compare

CARNIVAL CONQUEST - WESTERN CARIBBEAN 9/26/04 ( RIGHT AFTER IVAN)

CELEBRITY MERCURY-CALIFORNIA COASTAL AND MEXICAN RIVERIA 10/2003

conquest was awesome great everything, except our balcony room was peach and pink,,, whoever came up with the color scheme was trippin

celebrity was nice since it sailed out from where we live, but older ship, older crowd,,, thats all i can say everyone was in bed at 9p, :(

thanks for any info,,, anyone going on same cruise 1/20/06???

My wife and I are avid scuba divers, so we did mostly diving but we did manage to hear what some of the highlights were from other guests when we went in March on the same itinerary:

Acapulco: Alot of people went to see the cliff divers at night with the laser show at the fort. it seemed to be enjoyed by everyone who went. Forget snorkeling around Acapulco... not much in the immediate vicinity.

Xihuatenjo: Las Gatas Beach is very pristine and beautiful. Nice beach, good snorkeling, and nice little bars in huts where you can have an inexpensive drink :)

PV: Lots of people enjoyed the horseback riding :)

You've been to cabo... so you probably know all about what the highlights are there.

The cruise was fantastic :) You and your friends will enjoy it very much.

Cliff

We absolutely loved the zip lines in PV. We used an independent company called Los Vernos, and we put with a group of about 12 people. If you do the zip lines with the ship excursions you will be put on a large bus with a big group of people. I really liked the smaller groups, and I heard that the lines that Los Vernos uses are much higher and there are more of them to zip on. Just be sure to watch the time, Los Vernos has other activities once you get off the lines that could distract you from watching the time.

Check out the ports of call boards here at Cruise Critic under Mexican Riviera. There is so much information here.

Did the Star last Jan for the Mex Riviera. I would echo the comments about the Zip line tours, although I didn't realize that there were 2 operations now. The one we did was Canopy Adventure. Highly recommend that one.

Also, the whale watching experience in Cabo (when we were there last in Jan) was amzaing for those who went (we didn't, wished we had though).

I wrote a trip report, here's a link from back in January '05.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=137231

B

Archived