Just back...

airlinerob

I'm just back from the Sovereign Of The Seas cruise on RCI....

I found quite a few guys on board that I was very attracted to - and that seemed gay, but I never know how to approach the subject. I don't "act" gay and most guys don't really know right off the bat that I am.

So, I never know how to "find out" if the guys are gay, and/or interested....

The one coctail server was VERY attentive to me in the showroom, and always had a huge smile on his face when he saw me... but what do you say then?

Have a great day!
Robert

Carnival Fantasy - 01/96
RCL Sovereign of the Seas - 10/00
Celebrity Mercury - 06/01
RCL Sovereign of the Seas - 06/11/04
RCL Mariner of the Sears - 09/12/04

This was in reply to the Gay Romances at sea posting.

Have a great day!
Robert

Carnival Fantasy - 01/96
RCL Sovereign of the Seas - 10/00
Celebrity Mercury - 06/01
RCL Sovereign of the Seas - 06/11/04
RCL Mariner of the Sears - 09/12/04

Perhaps we could find a nice feathered boa for either of you to wear? [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Gary Kulash
[url="http://www.badelephant.com"]www.badelephant.com[/url]

Carnival Holiday 8/02
NCL Majesty 1/03
NCL Norway 5/25/03
NCL Sea 7/03
Celebrity Galaxy 3/04
Celebrity Mercury 10/04
HAL Zuiderdam 12/04

Systa systa systa......
1. Check the boarding photos to see who is traveling alone or with same sex companions.
2. Observe who is with whom by the pool.
3. Check out the bar tenders and see if you get any vibes. If not you can always ask them if the crew are comfy with gay passengers on board.
4. If you get any indication that a crew member is interested or showing more than normal attention...strike up a conversation on how often do they get time off during their work week. If they say they get off the ship at any ports...ask them where the crew ahngs out..since they usually know the best places to go....say you will buy them a drink.
5. If the shore excursion guys look like they might be family...ask them if there are any gay beaches at the stops the ship will be making...you get info or suggestions on who might know.
6. Pursers normally have the most info...dirt. If there is a cute one..ask him if there are any bars or bar tenders that are cool with gay passengers so you know where to hang out.
7. Take note of the male dancers on stage. If you see them on deck, in a lounge or by the pool (they usually sun top side over the bridge)...stop and tell them what you thought of the show..they will appreciate the compliment and it will allow for conversation. If they seem nice...tell them you would like to buy them a drink in the evening when they are out and about. The entertainers normally can frequent the lounges..but sometimes cannot sit at the bar....but on one of the couches.....even if they are straight, they will probably be in the company of other dancers thatare gay......then you can get the info on the ship...who is who etc.
8. Gym in the morning...check out who is in there...late afternoon may get some people in there
9. Sauna after 4:30 in the afternoon.....or 6 pm when secon sitting is using up time for second sitting to arrive. You might not score there, but it opens up a chance for conversation...openning line...what do yuou think of the ship.....if its a systa...you will get a sign...if not a nice conversation.
Hope this helps a little

Archived