New to Celebrity

cruzegirl

Hi all,

I'm a seasoned cruiser but new to Celebrity and I'm trying to get some info. to help me with booking a cruise with them in Jan. 2015.

I'll be on the Equinox. I would like a balcony cabin but there are so many choices and quite figure out this ship. I don't want an obstructed view. Trying to stay with the Veranda category.

Any advice, info., recommendations would be great. I usually sail with Princess so opting for a new ship after being disappointed in Princess over the last couple of years.

Thank you in advance.

All the Verandah cabins on Equinox are the same size. The only difference you will notice is that the balconies on the angle of the hump are considerably larger. Otherwise the difference between the other verandah cabins is simply location. I think you would want to avoid the 2D cabins as they have obstructed views. Also cabins alternate between bed by the bath and bed by the balcony.

A great resource is the sticky at the top of the Celebrity Forum for "S" class ships. They did a spreadsheet on different cabins (by number) and their pros and cons.

some of the really nice balconies are the 1A category - decks 7 and 8 keep you out of concierge class and stay in veranda

they have the double width balconies on the side humps in the central area near the elevators - there is a wall between the cabins and elevators so you don't hear them

There is also the spreadsheet in the sticky that allows you to check cabin numbers for view of others that have used them

Welcome to celebrity

The 1A category has the best rates at the moment and if you can book now I would suggest you go for a verandah cabin on decks 6 or 7 if available near the center humps of the ship. The beds their are by the balcony and the balcony itself is larger than the standard veranda. I hope you enjoy your 1st celebrity cruise as much as we did.

Welcome to Celebrity! Our 1st Princess sailing was in 1992, and our last was the Ruby Nov 2012, so we know what you mean when you say, "being disappointed in Princess over the last couple of years.

For a first Celebrity sailing I would recomend a Veranda cat balcony on the flat part of the hump, deck 6,7,or 8, as 9 & up gets into CC and AQ, and they are the same size at a higher cost. The extras for a first sailing are not worth it, well, at least to us, this I know will be debated:)

We normally book one of the 16 Emerald mini's on Princess to get the covered balcony. Dont know if you like the terraced design with the open to the stars, and eyes above on Princess, we dont. If you do then look at one of the Aft cabins on Equinox, same design as Princess.

We are in a regular 1A, deck 8 on our next Equinox sailing in Nov, and there are 4-5 wonderful 'trip reports' and reviews on going right now. As time gets close ask any question and I will try and remember to find an answer when we sail.

You will be very happy with your decision to 'branch out':D

EW

ps: here is the link to the cabin spread sheet, https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AtHczoNeooladEEyVmQwWmJhaGItbFZPUFNudTFZcEE

Edited by wallie5446

We were in 7266 last Feb. I thought the room felt very narrow. We asked that the coffee table be removed and they did. Much more room.

This room was right by the elevator. I thought there would be a lot of noise but we heard NONE.

I think, but not sure, that if we looked down from the balcony we could see a little bit of the lifeboats but not enough to be distracting. We normally look OUT over the water so it was of little concern.

1A's are also on deck 9 and on the hump. Some cabins have the bed by the bath, while others have it near the balcony. Make sure you ask if that is important to you. There are pros and cons each way, so it will be up to you to decide once you have made your choice. I enjoy the aft hump cabins by the elevators for their proximity to so many things!

Hope you have a really enjoyable cruise!:cool: