First time Guarantee booker wondering about "Sold Outs"

clojacks

I posted this question in another guarantee booking thread, but thought I would post my own in case it misses some lookers...

"I have a question having never booked a GTY cabin before. We have a booking on the Dawn Boston to Quebec City sailing in late Sept that we booked as an OA GTY at the time because the balconies were quite a bit higher than we wanted to pay. When I look at the available oceanview picture window cabins right now, there aren't any available? Does that mean that they are actually "sold out" or does NCL hold back a certain number to make sure they have enough for the GTY's? I guess I am wondering what "Sold Out" of all oceanview picture window category cabins means for my GTY? "

I posted this question in another guarantee booking thread, but thought I would post my own in case it misses some lookers...

"I have a question having never booked a GTY cabin before. We have a booking on the Dawn Boston to Quebec City sailing in late Sept that we booked as an OA GTY at the time because the balconies were quite a bit higher than we wanted to pay. When I look at the available oceanview picture window cabins right now, there aren't any available? Does that mean that they are actually "sold out" or does NCL hold back a certain number to make sure they have enough for the GTY's? I guess I am wondering what "Sold Out" of all oceanview picture window category cabins means for my GTY? "

Until final pay payment agencies hold cabins which could be released. However if there are say 5 cabins in a grade left and 5 people have booked GTY then they would probably show as sold out. If someone then gets upgraded to another grade a cabin could be made available

Since they book you "at or better" they will probably try to upsell some of those booked oceanviews in order to put you in one. If unsuccessful you would be booked into something better, say, a balcony.

There was a thread a little while back where an inside guarantee was given an upper end suite...