Question for frequent cruisers (or those who have sailed Allure of the Seas).

Having read the Allure of the Seas reviews and enjoyed the many pictures submitted by CC forum I am dying to book my sailing.

Here is my conundrum. We are sailing on the Navigator out of Galveston this summer. The itinerary is the Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel. DH and I have sailed the western twice before, but the kids have not. We are anticipating a great time showing the kids things we have seen in the past.

I want to book the Allure while on board the Navigator. With the Allure moving to Europe during the summer, spring break will be the only time we can cruise. The Allure alternates Eastern and Western itineraries, but our spring break date is on the Western week.

Should we book the western again so soon? Will the excitement of the Allure make up for the fact that we are visiting the same ports of call? Or should we book a different ship with a different itinerary so the kids can experience different islands? They are 9 and 13.

BTW- I am aware this is a 1st world problem... but it is only one of many things I am currently concerned about and a nice diversion from the others! :)

Having read the Allure of the Seas reviews and enjoyed the many pictures submitted by CC forum I am dying to book my sailing.

Here is my conundrum. We are sailing on the Navigator out of Galveston this summer. The itinerary is the Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel. DH and I have sailed the western twice before, but the kids have not. We are anticipating a great time showing the kids things we have seen in the past.

I want to book the Allure while on board the Navigator. With the Allure moving to Europe during the summer, spring break will be the only time we can cruise. The Allure alternates Eastern and Western itineraries, but our spring break date is on the Western week.

Should we book the western again so soon? Will the excitement of the Allure make up for the fact that we are visiting the same ports of call? Or should we book a different ship with a different itinerary so the kids can experience different islands? They are 9 and 13.

BTW- I am aware this is a 1st world problem... but it is only one of many things I am currently concerned about and a nice diversion from the others! :)

If the Allure is western that week, why not just book the Oasis which will be sailing Eastern and have the best of both worlds...

If the Oasis is on the Eastern route for your chosen week, then I'd do that. The two ships are almost identical, and you'd have new ports. Besides the Oasis seems to running just a tiny bit less money, (last I looked) , most likely due to being a couple years old, but it's not going to be enough older so as you'd notice.

FYI:

Allure and Oasis do not stop in Grand Cayman. There is a sea day in place of Grand Cayman on the western itineraries for Allure and Oasis.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by Eng23

It's all going to hinge on your personal preferences... but I can tell you that we cruised the Allure western, really enjoyed Labadee, and only got off the ship for about an hour in both Cozumel and Falmouth. You wouldn't have any problem making the ship the destination in this case.

That said, the Oasis is a great alternative, as stated by a few others. Similar ship and would be doing the Eastern itinerary. Aside from minor differences on the ships, the only real difference is Oasis is Sat-Sat and Allure is Sun-Sun.

mpoole- I swear I looked at all the itineraries and did not realize the Oasis was sailing the same week on a 7 day. Thanks for the suggestion.

Booking the Oasis for the Eastern will solve my problem.

Anyone have thoughts on Oasis vs. Allure? I have seen so many great Allure reviews. Will now have to compare Oasis reviews.

mpoole- I swear I looked at all the itineraries and did not realize the Oasis was sailing the same week on a 7 day. Thanks for the suggestion.

Booking the Oasis for the Eastern will solve my problem.

Anyone have thoughts on Oasis vs. Allure? I have seen so many great Allure reviews. Will now have to compare Oasis reviews.

I have links in my signature for reviews of both Oasis and Allure. I'm a little partial to Allure but both are fantastic ships

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Forums mobile app

My advice is to ignore the itinerary for the Allure of the Seas. That ship has so much to do and see that it can be the main focus of the trip.

We sailed on Oasis with no concern for the itinerary. Didn't do any excursions. use the port time to explore the ship, use the FlowRider, ice skate etc. All when the ship was not busy.

We went on the Allure 18 months later and did excursions/explored in every port. We were more tired while on the ship and didn't get to do as much within the ship.

We enjoyed both trips, but we felt like we had a better ship board experience on Oasis.