Pacific Sun N611 - Secret Treasures

Kazza1

Have just paid deposit for cruise N611 - April 2, 2006.:D

We received a 40% discount and my husband will celebrate his birthday on this cruise.

Is anyone else booked for this cruise?

Kazza

wow, kazza you must certainly have loved your cruise to have booked so soon. well, I have been checking out these boards to see what cruise we can go next and we havent even been on ours yet. I like the sound of the asian ones on pacific sky but not sure i want to commit just yet. I also like the idea of an overseas one but would want extra days over there too.

did you see the special prices for jan cruise where kids cruise for free. i think it was still over $6000 for family, so not sure about the free bit, but it is school holidays.

still hoping someone else will come on here who is going on our cruise so we can chat about it.

I cant believe it is 47 days from your last cruise. Must try and get a count down too although i do know how many days to go.....

cheers karon

Hi Kaseyoz

We did love our cruise. We were looking at the April 06 or August 06 before we went on our first cruise.:p Because we need a (limited) fifth rollaway bed and spots in the kids club we have to book early. I called P&O to enquire about the past passenger specials and she told us that the cruise in April that we were interested in had 40% discount. She let me pick our cabin and she held our booking for a week. We are paying $5985 for the 5 of us for 11 nights, 5 ports.

Didnt see the January specials were kids cruise for free. For it to still cost over $6000, 2 adults must have to pay full fare and kids free. Im sure the January cruises would already be full.

I like the look of the Asia cruises, but the Pacific Sun is the only ship in the world that sleeps 5 to a cabin.

Try typing this

http://[url=http://www.escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?][/url]

http://www.escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?

trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=

2005;9;29;17;00;00&timezone=GMT+1100

then cut and past in your signature. Hope it works.

Kazza

Wow, Kazza, that's a good price. There's a cruise out of Brisbane on Pacific Star at the end of March (R611 - Coral Colours) that we are interested in, or maybe a 14 night cruise out of Singapore on Pacific Sky, probably in September 06. Might be worth a call to find out what past passenger deal we could get on them.

Too many choices on Cruises - two cruises in a bit over six months and now I'm hooked!

Kazza,

I agree on the sleep 5 berth Pacific sun, its our only option too. The current deals for Pacific Sky are very attractive if you dont need the 5th bed !

You guys are the first family I have heard of to get a great price on a 5 berth booking. I reckon P&O should have a " Past Passenger Familes club" and offer special family packages for all 4 & 5 berth past passengers. The reason for this is we are forced to book early, else miss out as there are only a small number of rollaway beds and obviously limitations in the child minding centres. Usually early prices are not as good as the later prices and we sort of have no choice but to book early.

I take it you didnt know they were running 40% off for N611 (I certainly didnt), it is not advertised on their website. An email to this specific group of passengers advertising a family friendly cruise (both price and availability) would be very helpful.

Well thats just my 2 cents.

Whoey.

This discounts are out there for families of five. I think you have to be lucky. Our friends are going on N531 and are paying a grand total of $5002! Even their travel agent doesn't understand how P&O came up with the figure.

The 2 cruises we have been on we have booked a "best available" special, which is usually the ads you see in the paper for around $1000 for a 10 nighter. Last time we paid $1100, this time (Jan R603) $1025. I know this is only helpful for 4 people. As the price is discounted there is no difference between adults and kids.

Our friend previously been able to book 5 of these discount fares and officially 1 adult is another cabin with strangers. But in reality 2 of the smaller kids "top and tail" in one bed and they just squished in the one cabin. No good for bigger kids.

I think the family fare is extremely expensive. Over $6000 for a family of four is not really a discount price in my opinion. I managed to find prices to the same cruise in Jan for over $1000 cheaper.

The biggest problem for us is the lack of children's spots the later you leave it. We thankfully don't have the problem of the 5 beds.

kazza, was your 40% discount because you had travelled before or was that compensation for the mixup with your last cruise. it would be nice to get 40% of the next one.

I too cant work out the pricing structure. None of the prices in the brochure seem to hold firm.

a cheaper price for interconnecting room would be great too (do they actually have these on ships) for those with older children

karon

kazza . I was just rereading your message and it seemed that you have to book the kids club.did you mean book it or just get in before they reached their quota of a certain age of child.

It is school holidays when we go and while my kids are 15 and nearly 13 they are still looking forward to doing stuff in the kids club, we weren't told we had to book that.

it certainly gets easier travelling with children as they get older though

karon

Our dicount was for past passenger. I was told by P&O that past passengers use to get an extra 5%. NOW they discount cruises (eg. cruises between January and April) and offer them to pass passengers first. They said the dicounts would be 35-40%.

Kaseyoz

With the kids clubs, I meant book a cruise before the kids clubs reached their quota. You dont have to book. When we tried to go last November we were waitlisted for a 5th rollaway bed and 2 of my boys could get into the clubs but my other son was waitlisted.

Kazza

KaseyOz, interconnecting rooms is a great idea! that would be fantastic for larger families.

Kazza, are you saying all past passengers (or just families) will be getting the 30 - 40% cheaper cruises if they book in advance.

When you say they offer them to past passengers first, did you get an email or something ? 11 Nights for just under $6,000 for a family of five IS good value.

I take it this was a P&O offer and nothing to do with Agents then ?

Whoey.

Whoey

The discounts are offered to ALL past passengers first.

Apparently you are suppose to get a Past passenger brochure in the mail, and if you book before a certain date you get the discount. The new past passenger discounts had just been released the day I called and when I asked how someone would know about these she said I would receive it in the mail. Nothing has come yet.

When I was about 5, we moved from Singapore back to Australia on a cruise ship. My mum told me that we had interconnecting rooms (family of 5).

Kazza

I think the brochure mailings from P & O seems to be a bit of a hit or miss. Sometimes I get one, othertimes my husband, or even a friend that was supposed to sail with us but didn't. Also our friends sometimes get one and we don't. The last brochure we know about was the family funtime discounts.

It would be great if they had interconnecting rooms. A lot of the larger ships seems to but none of our Aussie ones.

I agree, we are past Passengers but have never received anything in the mail from P&O.

I am surprised they dont email the same as streamers.

I cant believe how lucky you were kazza to happen to call the day they release the specials... :)

Archived