Calling Skier52...Divina cabin help requested!

angcreates4u

Hi,

OK, I've been doing my research here at CC and it looks like you're the man for this job. I have a question re: the Divina. I recently switched cabins (original cabin 13181) due to the overhang of deck 14, I really want to enjoy my balcony and want some sun, they were able to switch me to cabin 13196. Will I get sun in the new location? Do you have any photos you can provide? The customer service rep at MSC said that there is no obstruction or shade but I'm not quite sure based on posts here and I'm still worried about the overhang and I don't want to move to a different deck because we have other family/friends on 13 too.

This will be our first cruise and I'm really trying to do my research prior to getting on that ship. I want the best experience. Thanks for any advice you might be able to provide me with, the site has been a lifesaver!

-Angela

Hi,

OK, I've been doing my research here at CC and it looks like you're the man for this job. I have a question re: the Divina. I recently switched cabins (original cabin 13181) due to the overhang of deck 14, I really want to enjoy my balcony and want some sun, they were able to switch me to cabin 13196. Will I get sun in the new location? Do you have any photos you can provide? The customer service rep at MSC said that there is no obstruction or shade but I'm not quite sure based on posts here and I'm still worried about the overhang and I don't want to move to a different deck because we have other family/friends on 13 too.

This will be our first cruise and I'm really trying to do my research prior to getting on that ship. I want the best experience. Thanks for any advice you might be able to provide me with, the site has been a lifesaver!

-Angela

Hi Angela

There are no problems with the overhang in your new cabin.

The overhang shows on the deck plan as a dashed line and ends before it gets to your balcony. (see bottom image)

The top image shows where your cabin is on the ship and you can see that there is no shadow cast on your balcony; as there is in other areas, where the shadow can clearly be seen

You can rest easy that that problem doesn't exist

dIVINA13196jpg.jpg

13196.jpg

Have a great cruise, You'll love Divina

Glad to be of asissance

pete

Edited by Skier52

Great advice as usual. A little extra advice for anyone looking at cabins.

We have just returned home from an excellent cruise on Preziosa. We had balcony cabin 12250, specially chosen as it had no overhang and was very close to the corner stairs up to the buffet (but not immediately under it!) and Garden Pool. It is the second from the end port side. Super cabin apart from the view of the cleaning hose aft! It would have been much worse to be in the very end cabin, but I would never chose this cabin again, Deck 11 down have the structure, but no hose and they would have been better, as would further towards the bow.

I'm very impressed with everyone's attention to detail. We've been on 7 cruises with 4 different cruise lines, and I've never thought to consider how much shade there will be. We're on the Divina (1st trip with MSC) departing Apr. 26th, stateroom 13043, and I'm hoping for some shade. I try to avoid tanning. Have a wonderful vacation, Angela!

I'm very impressed with everyone's attention to detail. We've been on 7 cruises with 4 different cruise lines, and I've never thought to consider how much shade there will be. We're on the Divina (1st trip with MSC) departing Apr. 26th, stateroom 13043, and I'm hoping for some shade. I try to avoid tanning. Have a wonderful vacation, Angela!

I hope the sun is very high in the sky for you so that you can have a modicome of shade from the roof of your balcony; as you have the balcony that people are crying out for, ie NOT AFFECTED BY THE OVERHANG of deck14.

Looking at your itinerary you will have the sun on your balcony virtually all day on Sun 27th. (at sea) the first full day of the cruise as you are sailing from North to South and then east to west in the evening. This is because you have a port side cabin and that side of the ship will track the sun on that day.

Conversely on the following Thursday (2nd "at sea" day) you should be in the shade all day as you sail west to east.

But this senario is almost bound to happen on an itinerary that is virtually a circle.

You'll love the cruise regardless of where the sun is, Divina is a lovely ship; at least she was when I went on her when she cruised the eastern med.

Have a great time in just over a week

Pete

Hi Angela

There are no problems with the overhang in your new cabin.

The overhang shows on the deck plan as a dashed line and ends before it gets to your balcony. (see bottom image)

The top image shows where your cabin is on the ship and you can see that there is no shadow cast on your balcony; as there is in other areas, where the shadow can clearly be seen

You can rest easy that that problem doesn't exist

dIVINA13196jpg.jpg

13196.jpg

Have a great cruise, You'll love Divina

Glad to be of asissance

pete

Actually, one of the main reasons I don't book balconies is that I can't stand broiling in the sun! Thanks for this info. One of those cabins that is set far back and offers a lot of shade might get me back onto a balcony! :)

Actually, one of the main reasons I don't book balconies is that I can't stand broiling in the sun! Thanks for this info. One of those cabins that is set far back and offers a lot of shade might get me back onto a balcony! :)

A balcony on deck 13 of a Fantasia class ship, which is set back under the overhang will suit you just fine.

Take a look at the image of deck 13 of Divina showing the area of the two large corner balconies 13193; 13191; and then forward to include 13189, 13187,13785,13183, 13181.

bd38f7d4-8337-48d8-a0c0-1c2e5f64e935.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

A balcony on deck 13 of a Fantasia class ship, which is set back under the overhang will suit you just fine.

Take a look at the image of deck 13 of Divina showing the area of the two large corner balconies 13193; 13191; and then forward to include 13189, 13187,13785,13183, 13181.

bd38f7d4-8337-48d8-a0c0-1c2e5f64e935.jpg

Pete

Yes, I noticed that. That would be a great balcony for me (now if I can just talk the DW into it! :D).