Hotels near Port of Miami

Cootie12

Can someone give me give me the name of some hotels to stay at near the port of Miami? We are leaving on the Epic on 12/14/14 but will be in Miami on the 12th and 13th as it is cheaper to fly in on Friday. Doesn't have to be real close as we will just take a cab over on Sunday morning. I would also like to have a liquor store nearby to buy wine to bring on board. I don't believe we will be renting a car for Friday and Saturday so would like to have everything we need before we get to the port. thanks!:)

Noticed our sail on the Breakaway wasn't posted at the bottom of this....will have to get that updated:D

Embassy Suites (airport area, 10 minute drive from port). Large 2 room suites, sleeps 6 (2 queens and a pull out sofa in the living room). Free buffet breakfast and free cocktail hour every day from 5-7pm. Free shuttle from airport and if you choose the "cruise package", they will shuttle you to the cruise terminal.

Marriott Courtyard is in the downtown area near port. You will have to taxi over to hotel, but they will bring you to the cruise for $5pp. Near lots of restaurants/shopping.

I also heard the Hyatt Regency is nice, downtown area.

More upscale would be the Intercontinental or Epic Hotel!! Both near the port, near bayside marketplace (shopping restaurants)

If you are going to be there for 2.5 days, you may want to consider the beach area. Best Western has a nice property, reasonably priced, oceanfront, free breakfast and wifi. Of course, taxi to get there and to the port will cost a little more.

Enjoy your trip!

Can someone give me give me the name of some hotels to stay at near the port of Miami? We are leaving on the Epic on 12/14/14 but will be in Miami on the 12th and 13th as it is cheaper to fly in on Friday. Doesn't have to be real close as we will just take a cab over on Sunday morning. I would also like to have a liquor store nearby to buy wine to bring on board. I don't believe we will be renting a car for Friday and Saturday so would like to have everything we need before we get to the port. thanks!:)

Noticed our sail on the Breakaway wasn't posted at the bottom of this....will have to get that updated:D

I prefer the Intercontinental. For the dates you are staying it is $168 per night on last minute travel .com

If you are at the pool you on Saturday you can watch the ships leave as you are right across the bay from them.

A cab ride to the ship is $8-$10. We walk along the water to go to Bayside which is about a 5 minute walk for dinner and shops.

Bill

Edited by S.S.Oceanlover

we have stayed at the holiday inn port of miami and the intercontinental

They both have their reasons for being better than one another and this time we've rebooked intercontinental because for some unknown reason it was cheaper then the holiday inn

One is opposite bayside, grab your own cabs etc - the other IHC has bellmen etc and plusher rooms but what you pay extra for is more expensive - e.g bar drinks, internet

Both are about $10 cab fare to the port

We also stayed in south beach at the nassau suites, this way there was a choice of things to do and places to eat in the evening - the cab fare was $25 to the port but the suites were $30 cheaper that the Holiday Inn and ICH

For a 2 day stay, like others have already said, I'd choose the Intercontinental or the Holiday Inn POM. At least there's something to do within walking distance.

If you stay out by the airport you'd probably need to rent a car for a couple days or take a taxi back and forth to where you want to go.

You might be able to get the Intercontinental or the Holiday Inn POM even cheaper if you use Last Minute Travel and select from the list in which they hide the hotel names and just list the number of stars (a system that is very similar to the Hotwire system). Unlike Hotwire, Last Minute Travel provides photos of the hotel in question (while still hiding the name). Just reverse image search the photos on Tineye and chances are you'll find out which hotel you are buying blind.

One caveat about Last Minute Travel - browse/search all you want, but if you're not buying right away, delete the cookie they give you before re-visiting the site later. If not, when you go back later they will see the cookie and most likely jump the price a bit because they will know you looked at the same thing before and assume you're very interested in it.

Edited by rajones007

For a 2 day stay, like others have already said, I'd choose the Intercontinental or the Holiday Inn POM. At least there's something to do within walking distance.

If you stay out by the airport you'd probably need to rent a car for a couple days or take a taxi back and forth to where you want to go.

You might be able to get the Intercontinental or the Holiday Inn POM even cheaper if you use Last Minute Travel and select from the list in which they hide the hotel names and just list the number of stars (a system that is very similar to the Hotwire system). Unlike Hotwire, Last Minute Travel provides photos of the hotel in question (while still hiding the name). Just reverse image search the photos on Tineye and chances are you'll find out which hotel you are buying blind.

One caveat about Last Minute Travel - browse/search all you want, but if you're not buying right away, delete the cookie they give you before re-visiting the site later. If not, when you go back later they will see the cookie and most likely jump the price a bit because they will know you looked at the same thing before and assume you're very interested in it.

Great information. Thank you.

Two questions:

What is Tin eye?

Can I delete cookies for just one site (like LMT.com) without deleting all the rest of my cookies? How????

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

Your So Close !!!

Get Down to the Florida Keys !! 1 hr south

Look Here = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbIO2NYnTu8

Great information. Thank you.

Two questions:

What is Tin eye?

Can I delete cookies for just one site (like LMT.com) without deleting all the rest of my cookies? How????

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

1. Tineye.com is a reverse image search engine. You show it in an image and it tells you where it's found on the internet. (Google has a reverse image search function too, but Tineye was the first and most popular and is the easiest to work with, imo.)

Soooo, LMT shows you a picture, you show it to Tineye, and Tineye will tell you where it's found on the net. You click thru the links that Tineye provides and most likely it will have found it on the actual hotels website or on a travel agency site that lists the name of the hotel.

So that's your definitive answer on which hotel it is.

2. I use Chrome and I can pick and choose which cookie I want to delete. It's in the settings somewhere. I don't know about other browsers.

(I also have the Tineye extension installed in Chrome. So whenever I see a picture and I want to find out more about it, I just right-click it, choose "Search Image on Tineye" and it opens a new tab with the results.)

We stayed at b2 located across street from the Marketplace. Recently remodeled. Very comfortable. Booked it through one of the hotel sites.

That is where we are booked. Less known (since it's new) than the Intercontinental and Holiday Inn, but a fantastic looking place that gets really good reviews. It's also located basically right at the pier. Our rate was only $72 for the night. Walking distance to Bayside Market, etc.

That is where we are booked. Less known (since it's new) than the Intercontinental and Holiday Inn, but a fantastic looking place that gets really good reviews. It's also located basically right at the pier. Our rate was only $72 for the night. Walking distance to Bayside Market, etc.

Yeah, it is kind of European chic. The breakfast was pretty good. We got a shuttle to pier very quickly. My only complaint was room had wonderful view of the adjoining brick wall, but we got room through website loyalty plan.

We are staying at Hampton Inn Brickell. Very close to shops and stores and close to port. I picked it based on others recommendations from this website :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We second this recommendation. We stayed here on our Feb Sun trip. There are nice restaurants, Publix (grocery) and the Metromover (free we used to go to Bayside) all within walking distance. We also enjoyed the hotel pool.

Yeah, it is kind of European chic. The breakfast was pretty good. We got a shuttle to pier very quickly. My only complaint was room had wonderful view of the adjoining brick wall, but we got room through website loyalty plan.

Ha! I would likely not even notice. We are getting in during the afternoon, then catching an evening Marlins/Braves baseball game across the street. We will probably crash hard that night without even opening the curtains. I just knew that for the price we got, it couldn't be beat.

Just an FYI if you access LMT via an app, it will show the name of the hotel and list a lower price than the full or mobile site.

I always give them a call before booking, to see if they will even lower the rate.

An example for 10/3 on the app I can get Intercontinental for $166 total, if I ude mobile site its $178 total.

Hello, I did Doubletree Biscayne Bay (same week 2 years prior that you are going). The hotel was nice and had a balcony. Note, there was not much in walking distance but I had pizzas delivered both nights.

The cab ride was only $15