UK Price Rreductions

Hi - I have booked to go on Mariner on 29th July, and have noticed that the price has reduced by around £1,000 per person since I booked (a signiciant amount equating to around 25% reduction from when I originally booked). DH is not happy as he was telling me at the time to wait as we would get a better deal closer to sailing......

The balance is due for payment next week, and I wondered what the chances are of me a) getting an upgrade or b) getting the reduction on the price? I am cool either way and would probably prefer the upgrade to a Penthouse from the current G grade I am in (there is slight price increase from what I am currently paying for G to the Penthouse grade)

I have asked my TA to look into it and she has spoken to Regent UK who apparently are having to speak to the US to get clarification.

Anybody from the UK experienced this before as there seems to be a whole different set of rules in place for us?

Thanks

This happened to me a couple of years ago. Got an upgrade from a D to either a Penthouse A or B. We went for B because of the location. And then the prices rose again nearer the departure so we were very happy with the outcome!

I have just done the numbers and if I cancel and forgo the deposit already paid, and rebook the same grade of cabin - I will still save myself £1,000 - hopefully sense with prevail with Regent - otherwise I am going to be left with a very nasty taste.....