earliest you can get off freedom?

I am hoping to catch an 1130AM flight out of MCO (coming from port canaveral). What is the earliest you can get off the ship, 7:30? I will be traveling with a 9 month old who will be up by 7am anyways and am hoping to catch the only nonstop flight home. 11:30 cutting it too close?

I am hoping to catch an 1130AM flight out of MCO (coming from port canaveral). What is the earliest you can get off the ship, 7:30? I will be traveling with a 9 month old who will be up by 7am anyways and am hoping to catch the only nonstop flight home. 11:30 cutting it too close?

You don't have much room for delay with a flight that early. I've done it a couple of times, getting out of the terminal at around 8:15am, which was in time to catch an 8:30am shuttle to MCO. I'd opt for self-assist departure, and make sure your shuttle people know about your flight time.

Edited by clarea

You don't have much room for delay with a flight that early. I've done it a couple of times, getting out of the terminal at around 8:15am, which was in time to catch an 8:30am shuttle to MCO. I'd opt for self-assist departure, and make sure your shuttle people know about your flight time.

thanks! I booked a private car so I am hoping that helps with time as we won't have to wait for others on a shuttle. I might even have to just stay a night in Orlando and extend the vacation :)

thanks! I booked a private car so I am hoping that helps with time as we won't have to wait for others on a shuttle. I might even have to just stay a night in Orlando and extend the vacation :)

The private car is a great idea. We had a delay getting off Monarch once due to a billing issue on our onboard account. Missed the 8:30am shuttle, and had to wait about 30 minutes for another. It made for a stressful morning, trying to get to an 11:30am flight. We made it OK, but the private car would have been quicker, and much less stressful.

Extending the vacation a day in Orlando is a great idea. It will eliminate any stress of will I make it or not.

The Freedom cruises Sunday to Sunday.

Orlando airport can be VERY jammed up on a Sunday - security can be a very lengthy nightmare.

When is your cruise? The ease of your departure may depend on whether this will be a popular weekend for families to return home from theme park/Florida vacations.

I don't know if our experience was unusual or if disembarkation from Freedom is always like this, but I thought I would post here.

We did self-assist and made a point to get to the gathering place early. THAT DID NOT HELP. We got closed in on by what seemed like hundreds of others doing self-assist. Not only were we blocked in the inside room but also people were feeding in lines outside the room, so instead of being close to the front, we were way in the back. It took a LOT of time to disembark.

As I said, perhaps this was an unusual situation, but do be sure to allow plenty of time to catch your plane.

Kathy