(Yet another) STROLLER question!!

bigmommairb

We will be on carnival legend in May with our children, one of which is just 1yr old and not walking yet. We have a baby trend jogging stroller that we LOVE and the baby loves and he does awesome in it. Are we crazy for bringing this beast on the cruise??? (The stroller, not the baby!)

We are planning on just carrying him (in wearable baby carrier) 80% of the time on the ship and really using stroller in ports. I don't want to be known as "that crazy lady with the stroller" but I do want my baby happy

We do not have an umbrella stroller, nor of we plan on buying one. The nice ones are 75$+ and that just seems silly for a one time use. And the cheap ones are too hard to maneuver!! (We are tall)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

we're on the pride in a week. I bought a lightweight stroller off of craigslist and our son, and us, hated it. I want to have something he can nap in since I'm not sure how he'll do in the room. I called to see if my jogger, BOB Revolution, would fit. What they rent is a single and double jogger, so they ensured me I'll be fine

We take our Maclaren Quest which is an umbrella stroller that reclines, it has easily fit under the bed on two cruises :). We got ours off craigslist, but even then you are looking at probably $50-$100, which is a lot if you don't think you will use it otherwise.

To the PP - we have a BOB duallie and it doesn't fold up very well. I see nowhere feasible to keep it in a normal cabin. A single-BOB may be better, but I wouldn't even think about the double bob on a cruise (LOVE the stroller, it's just not very compact).

Think about when. And where you will use the stroller. DD's first cruise was at 16 months and we used it a good deal - going to shows, walking around the ship, etc. I don't think we used it in port as we had tours/plans each day and weren't meandering. When we sailed with her at 2-years we only used the stroller for embarkation/disembarkation and for one port day where we had a fairly long walk to the beach. We didn't really use the stroller on the ship too much in either case. This fall we're sailing with a 3-year-old and an almost 1-year-old so we'll have to plan accordingly (we managed with just the single Maclaren on the land vacation we just took...just took a little more creativity and planning)

Wow. Your question brought back some great memories! Our first family cruise was on the Carnival Legend back in 2005. Our son was 15 months old then, and he also had a Baby Trend jogging stroller which we absolutely loved! We were faced with the same dilemma. In the end, we chose to take the umbrella stroller to save on space in the cabin. The stroller did work just fine for our needs, as we could store it under our bed, and it was easier to maneuver tight spaces on the ship. Our son would fall asleep in the stroller while in port, so I think it was comfortable enough. However, we did love his regular stroller, and I definitely understand why you would want to bring it.

We really enjoyed the ship, and we had such a fun time! Have a great cruise! :)

We did babywear alot - but sometimes it tiring.

the Maclaren umbrellas are great. We're tall so the cheap short Walmart ones dont work. DD can sleep through alot so she could drink til she passed out in there without us being stuck in the room. If you LO is only 1 I think it would be a great investment that you would def use for a few years. We were using our maclaren til DD was 5.

and yes ppl do give you dirty looks if you take a behemoth stroller(even though its not nice of them)

- DH says at least if I ran over someones toes with the umbrella it wouldnt hurt as bad.