Drink package--new package?

I was going to buy my drink package for our upcoming sailing on Allure. Now I see that they have added a new package.

Which do you feel is the best ? Can't decide...

That's something only you can answer because only you know what you are likely to drink. Here are the packages:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/royal/en_US/pdf/beverage_packages.pdf

Edited by clarea

Since our last cruise I see they have added this new beer package which look great for me . I have searched here and on the RCI page and If I read their page right one person can purchase it . Is that correct???? Our last cruise on the AOS both parties had to buy the drink package. My wife will buy a soda package but she is not an alcohol drinker.

Just looked again. The ultimate package is 70 more than the premium. Only difference that I see is that the ultimate includes premium coffees, teas and fresh squeezed orange juice. Am I correct? OR are the cocktails on the ultimate package NOT limited to $10???

Just looked again. The ultimate package is 70 more than the premium. Only difference that I see is that the ultimate includes premium coffees, teas and fresh squeezed orange juice. Am I correct? OR are the cocktails on the ultimate package NOT limited to $10???

Great question...I was just looking and understood the same as you did, but was questioning the limit of $10. ??

Same price limits on cocktails and glasses of wine in Premium and Ultimate.

The Ultimate package also adds bottled sparking water to the Premium package.

Edited by clarea

Okay, so now the question is....we are sailing in October. If we purchase the drink package now..does it go on our Seapass card at time of sailing or on our c/c now? Also, should we cancel, am I to assume that that money will be credited to us?

Okay, so now the question is....we are sailing in October. If we purchase the drink package now..does it go on our Seapass card at time of sailing or on our c/c now? Also, should we cancel, am I to assume that that money will be credited to us?

If you purchase now, you pay now.

If you cancel some specified number of days before the cruise (I think 3), the credit goes back to your card. If you cancel on the ship, the credit goes to your onboard account.

Someone also mentioned that if you wait an hour once the ship sets sail, you won't have to pay US state sales tax b/c you will be in international waters. Save you a few bucks. :-)

We purchased in advance and paid no sales tax.

We did pay VAT tax when in the Mediterranean.

Edited by Lilyrosemum

Someone also mentioned that if you wait an hour once the ship sets sail, you won't have to pay US state sales tax b/c you will be in international waters. Save you a few bucks. :-)

There's no US tax when purchasing a drink package in a US port. Only single drinks are charged sales tax when in US ports.

We just returned from a sail on the Navigator. The Ultimate Pkg basically is the Premium Alcohol pkg combined with no alcohol pkg. The $10 limit is the max the Alcohol Pkgs cover. In otherwords, there are 'specialy drinks' at the bars that are not covered. As an example, we checked out the new Sabor restaurant. They offered some great Margaritas for $12. Our pkg covered it up to $10, we paid the additional $2. There are drink menus at each bar. Most of these blended drinks are not covered in the Alcohol Pkg.

Also, please note, the Premium Pkg does not include Guiness beer any longer. I was told it had something to do with inventory space. A nice new change though is that now, a Premium Alchol Pkg can be purchased as a party of one, meaning the other adults staying in your cabin are not required to purchase. This makes it pleasant for us as the wife does not drink very much.