What happens if you buy a drink that is more than the beverage pkg covers?

I can't seem to find this answer and sorry if it is right in front of my nose. Celebrity has 2 alcohol pkgs. With the cheaper one, if you go over the limit you have to pay the entire amount of drink, with the more expensive pkg if you go over, you only have to pay the difference.. How does this work on RCL?

I can't seem to find this answer and sorry if it is right in front of my nose. Celebrity has 2 alcohol pkgs. With the cheaper one' date=' if you go over the limit you have to pay the entire amount of drink, with the more expensive pkg if you go over, you only have to pay the difference.. How does this work on RCL?[/quote']

With the Select, Premium, or Ultimate packages on Royal, you pay the difference.

Edited by clarea

That is great to know. Thanks for posting and for the answer as I will be getting my first alcoholic package next month :)

Thank you once again' date=' Bob.:D[/quote']

I just want to elaborate so as not to confuse anyone. Those packages have drink limits for glasses of wine and mixed drinks. Therefore, if you order a glass of wine or a mixed drink over the limit, you pay the difference.

However, I don't believe the same applies to specialty coffee or beer. I've not heard of those types of drinks having any set limit where there would be a way to compute a difference.

Edited by clarea

Sorry new to Royal Caribbean ....what are the drink packages offered , and how much are they and do BOTH people 21 and over have to pay for the alcohol package or could one just get the soda package? Thanks for your help!

Here are the drink packages:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/royal/en_US/pdf/beverage_packages.pdf

There is no requirement that all must purchase the package.

Edited by clarea

Here are the drink packages:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/royal/en_US/pdf/beverage_packages.pdf

There is no requirement that all must purchase the package.

Thank you SO much!!! Well, We sail on carnival ALOT BUT I have to admit Royal has lots of perks that make a lot more sense. Carnival makes everyone in the room 21 and over buy the full Cheer Package (liquor package) $57.50 per day up to 15 drinks per day Pretty dang pricey!

We are sailing on Carnival Breeze in Sept and then Royal Caribbean Brilliance in December!

So. does anyone know, with the Royal Replenish package (non alcoholic) If I wanted let's say a pina colada WITH the booze, do You pay a difference for the price of the alcohol/ Or do you just pay full price, even though the virgin version is included?

So. does anyone know, with the Royal Replenish package (non alcoholic) If I wanted let's say a pina colada WITH the booze, do You pay a difference for the price of the alcohol/ Or do you just pay full price, even though the virgin version is included?

Full price.

You can order your virgin pina colada and then order a shot of rum, that way you just pay for the shot. Not sure how much a shot cost verses a drink.

With the Select, Premium, or Ultimate packages on Royal, you pay the difference.

Well this is not exactly correct. I'm thinking it really depends on the Bartender and how he/she keys in the sell of the drink. I know that my buddy was charged a full price on his folio and I was charged the difference. This was at two different bars w/ of course two different Barkeeps.

My suggestion is to clarify w/ the bartender how you want the transcation to be handled.

Well this is not exactly correct. I'm thinking it really depends on the Bartender and how he/she keys in the sell of the drink. I know that my buddy was charged a full price on his folio and I was charged the difference. This was at two different bars w/ of course two different Barkeeps.

My suggestion is to clarify w/ the bartender how you want the transcation to be handled.

It's unfortunate, but true that the rollout of the new packages seems to have not had the appropriate amount of staff training. Had your buddy mentioned the issue with the bartender, I'm sure it would have been fixed. However, I agree that the guests should not have to explain the rules to the staff.

I am planning to purchase the select pkg on our upcoming Allure cruise in June. This will be the first time for me as we always purchase the soda pkg only. I love my wine but am completely happy with the $8 limit in the select pkg. I am not a high end wine drinker by any means but it's good to know I can try a pricer glass if the mood strikes me and just pay the difference. Thanks for the tip!