Oslo on our own

We would like to see Oslo on our own. Does anyone know if they have a HOHO bus and the cost. We're interested in seeing the Norwegian Folk Museum, Vigeland Park and the Viking Ship Museum. Can we walk from the pier to any of these places?

Thanks,

Susan

We would like to see Oslo on our own. Does anyone know if they have a HOHO bus and the cost. We're interested in seeing the Norwegian Folk Museum, Vigeland Park and the Viking Ship Museum. Can we walk from the pier to any of these places?

Thanks,

Susan

I am not sure of the HOHO bus but I know you must take a ferry to the folk museum and the Viking ship museum they are across the harbor at Bygdoy. Vigeland park I am told is about 2.5 mile away from where you dock. Hope this helps learning myself. Happy travels:)

Very easy to do on your own. Here are my notes from last year:

Oslo Plans:

Approx 10 am -4:30 pm

Purchase Oslo Cards at tourist information in cruise terminal or by City Hall (20% discount with cruise card).

Coffee / pastry at coffee shop close to City Hall.

Brief visit City Hall.

Pick up sandwiches for lunch at bakery on corner Stortingsgata / Roald Amundsens Gate (Taking a collapsible thermal lunch bag). (We ended up going back to the ship for lunch as we were docked in the city).

Take ferry to Bgdoy Museums –probably Folk Museum first, Viking Ship Museum then make our way to the Fram. Return via ferry. Vigeland Sculptures. Tram 12 to Frogner Park (Majorstuen) from Radhussplasen. Return. Tram 12 (towards Disen) to Rahdusplasen. Whatever time is left explore Akershus. (There was a major art exhibition at the Oslo Art Gallery so we did that instead of Vigeland)

My advice is to purchase a really good Oslo map --we used this one but it is 8 yrs old now http://www.amazon.com/Oslo-Bergen-Norway-Street-International/dp/1553416821/ref=pd_sim_b_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=14D41ZZ6NHPQ5W1156C6

This website is great http://www.visitoslo.com/en/transport/in-oslo/

Edited by Alaskanb

Thanks Bellavita1 and Alaskanb.

Alaskanb - Just the information I was looking for. One more question - where to we pick up the ferry? Did the Oslo Card cover that cost, too?

Thanks,

Susan

Card covers the ferry--it is at the end of the pier if you are docking next to Akershus. Once you have a good map it all becomes very clear. http://www.visitoslo.com/en/activities-and-attractions/oslo-pass/