Rccl spirits (bar)

This is our first cruise and was hoping could someone kindly tell me

1: what is the standard measure for drinks poured for each spirit you order? In Australia its generally 30ml of booze per drink. I believe a standard drink in America is 60 ml nip.

2: on the pay as you go is cappuccino coffee free or is that a specialty coffee. Do we get free water in the room in the way of a bottle or is it from a tap ??? Does the MDR have a barista making cappuccinos or is it a machine.

3: in the bar, if you are on a beverage package, would the soda mix be from a post mix tap or is it in a can? if its from a can, would we have to pay extra for this? many thanks

4: Why is meet and mingle not available for my cruise liberty of the seas 29th may Western med? it just shows up not available.

5: are there singles nights? it would be really nice to share some time with other single people

we are just trying to figure out if buying a drinks package, will it be better for us. We have 2 full days on the ship out of 7

many thanks in advance

Edited by Crissi the crazy cruizer

1: what is the standard measure for drinks poured for each spirit you order? In Australia its generally 30ml of booze per drink. I believe a standard drink in America is 60 ml nip.

Royal Caribbean is sort of known for its generous pours. You will not wonder if you are getting a fair pour.

2: on the pay as you go is cappuccino coffee free or is that a specialty coffee. Do we get free water in the room in the way of a bottle or is it from a tap ??? Does the MDR have a barista making cappuccinos or is it a machine.

Extra charge for cappuccino. All bottled water is for a fee. The tap water is fine to drink and is widely available all over the ship. All specialty coffees are made in special machines. How do you make one without a machine?

3: in the bar, if you are on a beverage package, would the soda mix be from a post mix tap or is it in a can? if its from a can, would we have to pay extra for this? many thanks

Soda comes from "the gun", or "fountain soda". No cans on the package. If you are on a ship with the Freestyle machines (Liberty does not have them; sorry), you will get a special cup with a computer chip that allows you to serve yourself at these machines.

4: Why is meet and mingle not available for my cruise liberty of the seas 29th may Western med? it just shows up not available.

It's only a guess, but since Royal Caribbean allows inter-porting on your cruise (allowing people to embark at different points on the itinerary to begin their cruise), they don't have a M 'n' M.

5: are there singles nights? it would be really nice to share some time with other single people

There will be some events in your Cruise Compass. Your cabin steward will leave it on your bed each evening. Check it out for the following day's activities.

we are just trying to figure out if buying a drinks package, will it be better for us. We have 2 full days on the ship out of 7

many thanks in advance

I don't know your drinking habits, but with a port-intensive cruise like yours, I wouldn't buy a package.

Bon Voyage.

:)

many thanks in advance

1. Standard in the US is 45ml for "one shot"... RCI usually will give closer to 60 of the main liquor... if not more ;)

2. Cappuccino is available either a la carte or unlimited if you purchase either the Royal Replenish or Ultimate drink package. The bottled water is also either a la carte or available in the Replenish, Premium, or Ulitimate package... tap water on the ship is from reverse osmosis, though, so it is much purer than tap water on land. In the MDR, the cappuccino/espresso drinks come from espresso machines, but are made by the waitstaff, not separate barristas. My guess is in the MDR, it is closer to the espresso machines used in Dunkin Donuts or McDonalds (grind & brew automatically) rather than an old fashioned one which requires separate bean grinding and attaching the filter to the machine.

3. At the bar, it would usually be from the tap unless they ran low on syrup. Either way there would be no charge at a bar. The cans that would incur a fee would be the ones from your minibar in your cabin.

4. Not enough people signed up yet (needs a minimum of 20 or 25).

5. On most sailings, yes. Check your cruise compass each day for the time and place. It also wouldn't hurt to ask a member of the cruise director's staff (or the CD him/herself).

1. Standard in the US is 45ml for "one shot"... RCI usually will give closer to 60 of the main liquor... if not more ;)

2. Cappuccino is available either a la carte or unlimited if you purchase either the Royal Replenish or Ultimate drink package. The bottled water is also either a la carte or available in the Replenish, Premium, or Ulitimate package... tap water on the ship is from reverse osmosis, though, so it is much purer than tap water on land. In the MDR, the cappuccino/espresso drinks come from espresso machines, but are made by the waitstaff, not separate barristas. My guess is in the MDR, it is closer to the espresso machines used in Dunkin Donuts or McDonalds (grind & brew automatically) rather than an old fashioned one which requires separate bean grinding and attaching the filter to the machine.

3. At the bar, it would usually be from the tap unless they ran low on syrup. Either way there would be no charge at a bar. The cans that would incur a fee would be the ones from your minibar in your cabin.

4. Not enough people signed up yet (needs a minimum of 20 or 25).

5. On most sailings, yes. Check your cruise compass each day for the time and place. It also wouldn't hurt to ask a member of the cruise director's staff (or the CD him/herself).

You are wrong on #4. She got a message that it was UNAVAILABLE. She could not sign up for it. If it existed and they needed more people, she certainly would be able to register.