? re: public busses

Smellytoes

Busses get very, very crowded. You can walk to these two beaches or I believe there was a mini bus (shuttle?) that would work. We bought the pass last year and took the bus ( 2 busses) to Horseshoe one way and took a cab back. It was standing or pushing room only with some very rude tourists. This year we're using the ferry or cabs for our transportation. Although the cabs can be a bit pricey it's well worth it to me. This is just my opinion. By the way, I don't take public transportation at home either, so I'm not used to this.

If everyone is able just walk. There is a big hill but its not a hard walk and the exercise is great. There is no public bus service between the two so you would have to take the mini bus or a cab. Something I didn't know until we got there as it wasn't on the website is that you can get a 2 day pass for $20pp as opposed to the 3 day pass for $28. If you don't mind public transportation and want to see more of Bermuda this might be an option for you as well.

Thanks for sharing about the 2 day pass. Was hoping they had that option as we might spend one day in St. George and not need busses. Did you buy them on board or at the bus depot? Do you know what the child rate is for a two day pass? I did find the official website, but as you mentioned it only lists 1,3,5,7 day passes.

Thanks!

Did you buy them on board or at the bus depot? Do you know what the child rate is for a two day pass?

Thanks!

You get the bus passes at the tourist center which is to the right after you leave the dock area. I'm sorry I don't know the price for children as we didn't have any with us so I didn't pay attention.

Can you take a public bus to Tobacco Bay or St. Catherine's from St.George's or is it better to take the shuttle from the pier?? Trying to decide if 3 day bus pass is worth it for 6 people

There are no public buses that go to Tobacco Bay or St. Catherines. I'm told that there is a mini-bus service that operates when cruise ships are in St. Georges. The bus passes mentioned by other posters are for the public busses and can't be used for the mini-bus.

That said Tobacco Bay is a 15 minute-walk from the St. George's pier but there is a hill to climb so the walk might not be for everyone.

Suggest you take one of the mini-buses from the pier to Tobacco Bay (many available at pier) and walk back to the ship (all downhill) if no mini-bus is available at Tobacco Bay. Be advised that Tobacco Bay is very crowded when ships are in port. If you are a good swimmer or snorkel, I suggest you go to the Fort St. Catherine's beach and swim or snorkel around the fort to Tobacco Bay.

Archived