Hyatt Regency Pier 66

shoesonfire

We will be staying there next week, so I'll let you know. The reviews on Tripadvisor are hit and miss. Some love it, some don't.

I'm going with an open mind and hoping for the best.:)

We stayed there many years ago, I think what I believe were Lanai rooms. Think this may be the oldest area, perhaps Tower/pool view may be more updated. Will be watching for your comments. Agree the reviews are hit and miss. Hope to hear from others who have stayed recently too.

We just stayed at this hotel for 2 nights post cruise on April 6 & 7. I got it through Priceline - we were given a room around the pool on the first floor. It was a long walk from the lobby and parking lot. I would say the room was OK for what we paid. The hotel does seem a bit dated. We are not too picky and the room was clean, the air con was quiet, bed was comfortable. Bathroom was large with good water pressure in the shower. We didn't use any of the hotel facilities and we were out most of the day. I heard you can upgrade to the tower rooms if available for extra money, but it was not offered to us at check in and I didn't ask. We liked the location and if you have a good rate I think it is OK, but I don't think it's a 5 star as stated on Priceline.

FYI - Parking is $25/day for Valet and $21/day for Self Park.

Thank you! We requested a Tower room and can upgrade for an additional $40 total (got the reservation through Hotwire).

Did you have a car? If so, was it a long walk to do the self parking?

The self-parking is a bit of a walk. It's a really big resort property, but that's what makes Pier 66 so unique.

The self-parking is a bit of a walk. It's a really big resort property, but that's what makes Pier 66 so unique.

Trying to decide between the "unique" Pier 66 and Gallery One for 1 night pre-cruise in Oct. Both have similar rates. Even with a limited stay, a location convenient to restaurants and opportunities for sightseeing without a car, in addition to good accommodations, top our request list. Would appreciate advice and suggestions.

Trying to decide between the "unique" Pier 66 and Gallery One for 1 night pre-cruise in Oct. Both have similar rates. Even with a limited stay, a location convenient to restaurants and opportunities for sightseeing without a car, in addition to good accommodations, top our request list. Would appreciate advice and suggestions.

Pier 66 has a couple of good restaurants on the property. Walking to restaurants outside of the property is possible, but there are a few more restaurants closer to Gallery One. Both hotels have water taxi stops and are about equal distance to downtown. You can walk to the beach easily from Gallery One (2-3 blocks)...Pier 66 is about 2 miles from the public beach access but has a nicer resort pool area.