Volendam aft cabins?

Fog123

We are getting ready to make final payment on our cruise on the Volendam. We're currently in cabin 7082. I see that 7088 and 7087 are still available and we're tempted by these. We don't need the accessibility, but I'm assuming that if they're available by final payment date that they're good to be released just prior to final payment.

The price increment doesn't look to be too much higher and it looks like we'd get a lot more deck.

They are divided from the aft deck by a divider so I assume privacy isn't really an issue.

How busy is the aft deck there? It looks pretty small so I can't imagine it being too busy.

Also (and please don't flame me), since smoking is limited to outside areas and cabin decks, would that aft deck be a magnet for smokers? We are willing to take the risk on the current balcony figuring and hoping that it's not going to be an issue. And we can both handle some exposure to smoke.

Thanks in advance.

Could be wrong but from the deck plan it looks like 7088 & 7087 appear to be quasi-wraparound staterooms. The rooms look like they might be larger but it doesn't look like you have direct access from the room to the large back deck. In any case I bet the aft deck would be pretty quiet. JMHO but I'd make the change.

We've decided to wait on the cabin, I don't want to take a room away from someone who genuinely needs it. We're asking that we get notified when they decide that the cabin will be on the "free for all" list and maybe we'll get first dibs. If not, we're happy with our current cabin.