Breeze Cove Balcony question

cruisefamily1

Good point Boozebabe. We should probably say that the cove balconies are aweful and wet & gloomy all the time. Don't mention that it feels like the flying fish are going to land on the balcony, you are so close to the water. I wish we could fish from it. We LOVED our cove balcony on the Dream. Would book it again in a heartbeat. All the privacy that you could want. Of course being from Florida, we didn't really want to be in the sun so we liked the shady balcony. Enjoy the cruise no matter what balcony you are on. It is a cruise after all. ;)

I have put a hold on cove balcony 2379 breeze. is there anything not good that I should know before I make payment.

In September we had cabin 2375, right next door. The only problem is the laundromat directly across from your door. Convenient if you need it BUT they never locked the door at night and people hung out there ALL NIGHT LONG. Not always teen-agers as you might expect. Adults were partying all night long. They were soooo loud and NOT doing laundry. Who the heck parties at the laundromat.It started the first night and went on the entire 8 nights. YIKES. We tried politely asking them to tone it down a little and they did for about 5 minutes. We called the pursers desk and no ever came to break it up. We called every night. I understand thats a problem with Carnival not controlling events like this.

There was never any noise from above. We love the lapping of the water outside. It's a whole different perspective on that deck. If you look at the deck plan there is a white block in the center of the ship. Thet is the foyer of the elevators. Theres also a little short cut to the elevators across from 2373.

Loved, loved, loved our cove on Breeze in January. We had the roughest seas I have ever experienced and the balcony was never noticeably wet. It was so private, so close to the water and peaceful, just perfect. We actually have a balcony booked on the Oasis of the Seas for our 10 year next year and I'm a little worried we aren't going to enjoy it because it'll be so normal and exposed compared to the cove. We lucked out and got one with a slight break in the lifeboats, so got both sun and shade.

I had a cove on the Breeze and loved it. We did not have lots of water and never wiped it down. We loved it. Our next trip is the Sunshine and am disappointed they don't have coves.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

All that was said is true, down to the privacy and worth the money. Until my husband thought he could go stand out on the balcony sans clothing. He didn't realize there was a camera hanging from above beneath the life boats. I got a good laugh at that...:D

What cabin # was that....and could you see the camera?

We stayed in our first cove balcony on the Magic in January. Ours was mid ship - right next to the elevators. We didn't have any problems with it getting wet. We did have some salt on the railings, but we didn't notice it on the chairs. It was very peaceful to sit out there during the day if you wanted to get away from the crowds, and noise.

We didn't find being on the 2nd floor to be a problem. We walked up a flight of stairs to our diningroom. We walked to the end of our hall & up the elevator to go to the theater or to Lido. We normally didn't have to wait an excessively long time at the elevator.

I liked the cove because it was nice being so close to the water. We never really saw any fish right below us, but one day I did see dolphins playing at the front of the ship while we were at sea.

The year before (and my husband's first time to cruise) we stayed in a 7th floor balcony near the back of the ship. My husband said he really preferred that balcony over the cove. He may have just been partial to it because it was his first cruise - and usually everything about your first cruise is awesome! Lol!

We really don't care - as long as we are ON the ship! We might even get an inside room next time just to save some money. We aren't in the room that much anyway, and we found that we really didn't use the balcony that much either. Its fun to have, but not sure if its THAT much fun to pay the extra $$$.

the thing I didn't like about the regular balcony on the Dream (same on Magic and Breeze) was looking directly down on everyone wandering around or hot- tubbing on the promenade. Zero privacy on the 7th floor. I suppose it gets better as you go higher but you can still see the people. We could hear conversations. On that class of ship it will be coves for us always.