Breeze Cove Balcony question

cruisefamily1

We are considering booking a cove balcony but have never do so before. When talking with our PVP she discouraged us saying that those balconies get very wet and you have to constantly dry them off before using. Anyone find this to be true? Any other major drawbacks to the cove? I am aware that there are lifeboats above so they are mostly shaded and they have a more closed in feel. Thanks.

We are considering booking a cove balcony but have never do so before. When talking with our PVP she discouraged us saying that those balconies get very wet and you have to constantly dry them off before using. Anyone find this to be true? Any other major drawbacks to the cove? I am aware that there are lifeboats above so they are mostly shaded and they have a more closed in feel. Thanks.

We had cove balcony on the Dream in January. They do get wet but nothing we found to be excessive. It didn't bother us. We had great weather so I don't know what it would be like otherwise. We liked being close to the water too. They are more closed in than regular balconies but, again, we enjoyed it. I would book another cove for sure. But you're not going to know unless you try it. I've read reviews where some love it and some don't. But you'll always find that when reading other peoples experiences.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We had high winds on our sailing and did have to constantly wipe the spray and salt buildup off. I still loved the cove, though, especially considering how visible most of the other balconies on the Breeze are to the lanai area that wraps the ship. they offer very little privacy.

I thought it was really neat to be near the water line and the balcony is also a little larger. Just grab a towel and wipe stuff down and bring something old to lounge out there so you don't get salt on any dress clothes you might have on.

We did not care for the cove balcony.

We normally book higher up in the ship so I did not like being on deck 2. Seemed like we were always waiting for an elevator. Normally we would just take the stairs but my hubby's knee has been acting.

I know this is kinda picky but I did not care for the constant noise from the water.

I am glad we gave it a try and it wasn't terrible, just not for me. Back to the aft extended, aft wrap or Lido deck for us.

We love the Cove Balcony we had on The Breeze in August, we would for sure book one again, we never had a big problem with it being wet from spray all the time, We are booked on a Deck 8 balcony on The Glory in August so we will be able to compare it to the Cove Balcony

Drop that PVP! I booked my first cove balcony on the Breeze last year. I have 2 cove balconies booked for the June 7th sailing on the Breeze with my family. The balcony was never very wet. It is more secluded and the closest balcony to the water. I really do not see me booking a different cabin ever. If they are still available you will have a great time in one.

Your PVP is just trying to sell you a higher priced fare.

We LOVED the Cove Balcony, and would book another in heartbeat.

I have posted a video tour of our CB on Breeze on Youtube. The link is in my signature below.

:)

We have never stayed in a Cove, as DH prefers the Lido balconies, and doesn't want to be that close to the water......

However, from the reviews I have read, it sounds like the closer you are to the front of the ship, those balconies tend to get more wet/salt spray on them. Especially if the ship is hauling a**.:D:D

I would like to try one someday, but I do love the Lido balcony, for it's convenience alone.

Been on the Breeze twice and had a cove both times. Nothing else for us. There was a little salt on the railing in the morning. I just used some damp tissues to wipe it off. No big deal at all. Its soooo relaxing there. and a little more private. For sure don't book a cabin on deck 6 or 7 because deck 5 sticks out farther and people walking on the promenade by your glass balcony can see EVERYTHING. I would hate a balcony on 6, 7 and maybe even 8. And could you imagine having a cabin right in front of the hot tubs. They would be almost the same level as your balcony.

We had a cove on dream and breeze, doing another cove in June on breeze again. With this class ship I would not pick any other balcony. They are so private. I would hang out there pulling into port in a rope. So close to watch all the people getting on and off ship. We never had any wetness ever. U will love it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have a cove booked in May. It will be a first for me. We are booked towards the front of the ship and it will be intresting to see how wet or dry it will be.

We have never stayed in a Cove, as DH prefers the Lido balconies, and doesn't want to be that close to the water......

However, from the reviews I have read, it sounds like the closer you are to the front of the ship, those balconies tend to get more wet/salt spray on them. Especially if the ship is hauling a**.:D:D

I would like to try one someday, but I do love the Lido balcony, for it's convenience alone.

We were pretty far forward - just forward of the forward elevators. It can all depend on sea conditions and wind direction. We had pretty bad salt buildup during the first few days. Winds were different on the way back and while there was a little, it wasn't as bad.

Learned about the salt the hard way the first sea day when I leaned against the rail in a black shirt and it had salt all over it! It was bad enough on our sailing that it was a visible crust of it on the railings and sometimes even our chairs.

We just got off the Magic this morning, and we had a cove balcony and it was AMAZING!!!! Yes the floor was a little wet and we did have to dry off the railing a few times, but the privacy, the shade from the lifeboats, the view, and the close proximity to the water far outweigh the minor inconvenience of wiping down the rail! Book the cove! :)

Loved the cove. As stated by zumbagirl78, " the privacy, the shade from the lifeboats, the view, and the close proximity to the water " were awesome. The only draw back for us was being so far from the Lido. For five of six cruises in less than three years, we have been two decks below the Lido just aft of the elevators. The exception was the cove on the Magic. Next three cruises are booked back in our favorite location. My suggestion is try it for yourself. Only you know what makes you happy.

We booked a Cove balcony on the Carnival Breeze last November and loved it! I will not book anything other than a cove on the Dream class ships. We have the same cabin booked for this November. We didnt have a life boat above our balcony, but we did have some dried salt on our balcony railing. I dont remember our chairs ever being wet, but I placed a towel on our chairs when we sat in the morning just incase due to other reviews.

We had 2309 on the Breeze. In between the lifeboat so we go some sun. There was some spray and salt residue a couple of days but nothing a wipe down with one of the many towels provided couldn't fix.. Loved being so close to the water.

We had 2309 on the Breeze. In between the lifeboat so we go some sun. There was some spray and salt residue a couple of days but nothing a wipe down with one of the many towels provided couldn't fix.. Loved being so close to the water.

Awh...this is our cabin on the upcoming June Breeze cruise. I first booked 2309, then changed to it's Port opposite, 2284, to see South Beach during sailaway. Then I decided I didn't feel as 'vested' in 2284 and knew I had to switch back to 2309 so I did. We are usually on Lido for sailaways anyway:D

I have put a hold on cove balcony 2379 breeze. is there anything not good that I should know before I make payment.

I can't tell you if that cabin will be quiet, but I can tell you it might be noisy. The galley is above you and crew can are in there working at all hours of the day and night.

If you can get a cove between the mid and forward elevators, you would be under the carpeted dining room and it is not used at night. We had a room under the dining room last April and had no noise even though that dining room was used for the brunch.

Sharon

All that was said is true, down to the privacy and worth the money. Until my husband thought he could go stand out on the balcony sans clothing. He didn't realize there was a camera hanging from above beneath the life boats. I got a good laugh at that...:D