formal night

Hello -

I assume you are referring to formal night in the main dining room (MDR).

It is getting more common to see men without a coat and tie on formal night. I can understand why this could be an issue if you need to pack light in order to share a small room with 3 or 4 people. Luckily I have not had to deal with that situation. If I did, I might want to rent a tux.

Now that most industries have gone "business casual" I find formal night to be a rare opportunity to dress up. I wish more people did dress formal, but there is no requirement to wear a coat and tie on a RC cruise.

It's really up to you and your comfort level, but I do find myself reviewing the pictures in the photo shop to see who should win the "best" and "worst" dressed awards.

Probably doesn't belong on this thread, but my friend and her husband returned from cruise today. They had been on the Reflection.

They went down to MDR on formal night and he did not have jacket or tie. They could not stay.

Probably doesn't belong on this thread, but my friend and her husband returned from cruise today. They had been on the Reflection.

They went down to MDR on formal night and he did not have jacket or tie. They could not stay.

Wow. What the hell was he wearing?

I've heard of guys be asked to return w/ long pants but this is the 1st time I've heard that someone was asked to leave because they did not wear a coat & tie.

Reflection is a Celebrity ship, so does not reflect (pun intended) on the experience that one might expect on Royal.