Disney Dream Royal Suite

cruisetmc

"Worth it" is a personal matter. It is easy to list the perks. Do be aware that if the rest of your group is not in concierge, they will be able to visit the suite but not able to use the concierge perks in "public" areas like the lounge. Yes, you can order dinner in the suite for all of you.

Honestly, my take is that the shorter the cruise, the less of a difference it makes. Since the Dream does only short cruises, I'd probably save my $ and do a Fantasy cruise with the big bucks...but that's just my opinion.

Looking at June of next year. Thinking of the Royal Suite. (10 in total-this would take care of 5 of us, ages 5,6,10). Is the extra price really worth it? What's been your experience with this suite?

OK here is the easy thing to do and list the perks.

scan0025.jpg

This is from the Fantasy but the Dream is the same.

You will get free unlimited internet there, and also order hot breakfast and hot dinner, this for you will include dinner from Palo in your room.

Concierge hosts will do whatever they can for you.

You will get unlimited cans of soda and also bottle of water in your room.

We had a royal for a week in Alaska, and also have been in concierge on Fantasy and Magic.

There is a room inbetween the two Royals where some of your family could sleep, and its connecting and get all concierge perks.

Only you can decide on the cost and if you feel its value for money but the kids will love it and the freezer stocked with Mickey Bars.

We were in the Royal on the Dream and though very nice for us not worth the $$$. First of all the two pull down beds are in the dining area and have only pull around drapes separating them from the rest of the room. (they also had super hard mattresses) Also there was a kitchen which we seldom used. I think it took me 3 days to figure out the Espresso machine - much easier to go to the lounge and get a Latte!!! The dining area table seated either 8 or 10 - it was huge!! really took too much space. The sofa in the living area was not very comfortable - it was quite hard and had a 'short' seat. Now the veranda was spectacular! Granted there are large panels of plexiglass to ward off the winds on the bow of the ship, but the hot tub was a super feature and we loved it. Also the lounge chairs were a real treat. The deck was large enough for a party of 30-50 easily.