Getaway bowling

teeredi2cruise

DSC_2447_zpsebaf48e4.jpg

Breakaway pictured above, but Getaway is the same. $5 a game for duckpin bowling. I've only seen it used once or twice. Compared to the bowling lanes on Pearl, Gem, and Epic, this is pretty small and lame.

Edited by barnacle_boy

DSC_2447_zpsebaf48e4.jpg

Breakaway pictured above, but Getaway is the same. $5 a game for duckpin bowling. I've only seen it used once or twice. Compared to the bowling lanes on Pearl, Gem, and Epic, this is pretty small and lame.

My question pertains to the Epic, but probably applies to the Getaway, as well. Do you make reservations? Where, and how far ahead? Thanks!

My question pertains to the Epic, but probably applies to the Getaway, as well. Do you make reservations? Where, and how far ahead? Thanks!

It's just like visiting your neighborhood bowling alley. You don't need reservations. You just walk up to the desk, pay the nice attendant the $5, pick up a pair of bowling shoes, and you're ready to bowl! This is the setup in Bliss on Pearl, but it's very similar on Epic. There's also a few lanes in O'Sheehans on Epic too!

L1100654_zpsce3949fb.jpg

L1100644_zpsf0255a99.jpg

It's just like visiting your neighborhood bowling alley. You don't need reservations. You just walk up to the desk, pay the nice attendant the $5, pick up a pair of bowling shoes, and you're ready to bowl! This is the setup in Bliss on Pearl, but it's very similar on Epic. There's also a few lanes in O'Sheehans on Epic too!

L1100654_zpsce3949fb.jpg

L1100644_zpsf0255a99.jpg

That looks so cool! We don't have a bowling alley in our small town here at home, so it would be quite exciting for us! We have older teens in our group...minors are allowed during the daytime, correct? Are they able to go on their own, or do they need adult supervision? (15 and 17)

Yes net really bowling though more like duck pins lans about 30 feet long.

Being from MA, I am thrilled to see duck pin bowling! We were in maine last summer and we took my grandkids bowling- candlepin- (not really sure what the difference is between duckpin and candlepin- but very very similar) My DH had a great time. First time for him. It took him a bit to get used to the scoring (3 balls per frame) and the size of the balls but he still talks about going back!

Try it and Have fun!:D

Being from MA, I am thrilled to see duck pin bowling! We were in maine last summer and we took my grandkids bowling- candlepin- (not really sure what the difference is between duckpin and candlepin- but very very similar) My DH had a great time. First time for him. It took him a bit to get used to the scoring (3 balls per frame) and the size of the balls but he still talks about going back!

Try it and Have fun!:D

Duck pins are squat bowling pins, candlepins are just that. Shaped like a candle stick

Although I didn't bring my ball/shoes I had fun doing around 5 games on the epic. When the shipped moved though the ball would move away from the pocket! I had a weird game where I had 3 strikes in a row (aiming away from the pocket!) and then had some so-so frames.

I didn't care much for the breakaway bowling though.