The new lobster night

Just got off the Pearl a couple of days ago and we too had the lobster in the buffet only on the second night. We ate in the MDR for lunch that day and asked the waiter why it was only in the buffet. He said that with so many people wanting multiple servings of it, it made things easier for everyone. Usually we avoid the buffet but decided to check it out for lobster. And we're pleasantly surprised. Not only by the yummy lobster tail but also by the other tasty lobster and shellfish dishes they had. It was well worth missing one meal in the MDR.

Edited by Pacclady

Does that mean that Lobster Night was only in the buffet? Were you able to get the same options in MDR's?

yes. I just came off the Pearl for the apr. 11-18th sailing. it was in the buffet only. I was very disappointed in this as I do not like to have dinner in the buffet.seems to me like another cost cutting measure as they probably assume the café will be less crowded than the MDR. especially since they did it on the one dress up night. how many people want to put on a suit or nice dress and sit in the buffet? not me.

yes. I just came off the Pearl for the apr. 11-18th sailing. it was in the buffet only. I was very disappointed in this as I do not like to have dinner in the buffet.seems to me like another cost cutting measure as they probably assume the café will be less crowded than the MDR. especially since they did it on the one dress up night. how many people want to put on a suit or nice dress and sit in the buffet? not me.

I don't see it as a cost savings, many of the people I saw eating the night I was there had 4+ tails! It was packed and the servers kept bring out big trays of tails and passing them on to the crowd.

I don't see it as a cost savings, many of the people I saw eating the night I was there had 4+ tails! It was packed and the servers kept bring out big trays of tails and passing them on to the crowd.

I would imagine it is purely a logistical move by NCL. All of the passengers, most of whom are looking to fill up on lobster, with the wait staff bringing 1-2 tails at a time and you are still going to have people wanting their 4+ tails. That slows service way down. You will have people waiting for hours for dinner because service is so backed up, even if the tails are all cooked they'd have to wait for the wait staff. With it on the buffet, it's self serve, as soon as tails are cooked, go get them yourself! In and out...gridlock averted!