I'm So Excited But I just can't Hide It

As the Pointer Sisters said"I'm so excited but I just can't hide it is the feeling I' having right now as this Friday evening my Father and I are leaving to the San Francisco airport for our flight down to Brazil for our much anticipated cruise to Barcelona.

Ever since July I was looking forward to this week counting down the days.

I've always wanted to visit Brazil and now I get the chance. You don't know the emotions that are running through me right now. Just pure elation with a feeling of Saudade(longing for Brazil).

I wanted to take a cruise from a destination that was thousands of miles away. Just looking at the itinerary a year ago in the Crown and Anchor lounge on the Navigator made my heart skip a beat. I mean how often does one fly just over 6,000 miles only to cross the ocean for another couple of thousand of miles and then fly roughly the same distance home?

I have been planning every detail of this trip and doing the research for my Father. I spent many hours up to the wee hours just researching where to stay, how to get there and other logistics.

We have a 12 hour layover in Mexico City and while some people would be content at the airport I thought what better way to start our trip than touring Mexico City. So I found us a private tour and can't wait to experience the history and local culture.

The trip just gets better and more exotic from there. We will spend 4 nights in Sao Paulo touring the sights along Paulista Ave and surrounding areas, siping Caiprinhas and eating Rodizo and other local foods.

The night before the cruise I booked us at the Mercure Santos with a balcony on the beach. Hopefully I can see the Splendour pull in. What better way to start a cruise than spending a night on the beach.

The trip keeps getting livelier with a stop in Rio. I'm working with a Relative to give us a tour around Rio and have lunch. What better way to experience one of the world's lively cities with a local giving you the tour.

We then have a sea day before a full day tour of Salvador de Bahia with Lunch that Royal is offering. There is a chance that the tour may be only in Portuguese but who cares? I will just use my own two eyes.

Then its more sea days before arriving in Teneriefe where I have another Royal tour which is the Northern Island Panoramic Tour.

Then its another day and a half until we arrive to Malaga(a city we spent lots of time in back in 1998 as part of an extended European trip). I can't wait to walk around the city reliving the memories and having a nice meal there.

And then another sea day before arriving in the magical city of Barcelona.

What better way to end the cruise but its the beginning of another adventure as I found a hotel in the L'Exiample District by Passeig D Gracia. Its a Boutique Hotel in this interesting district. Not many tourist would even imagine staying here. When I saw L'Exiample as part of the choices on Hotwire for $89 a night I did not think twice. We got such a nice hotel(Amister Art Hotel) which has artwork and serves Cava every evening. While breakfast is expensive I'm glad because this will allow us to walk and experience Barcelona like a local.

Barcelona is like the creme de la creme of a trip. This will be my first trip covering such exotic places many people only dream of visiting.

My Mother was part of a Dance Company Tour and she spent time in South America. When she mentioned her time in Brazil and also knowing a lot about the culture from my Cousin's wife who was born and raised in Belo Horizonte I knew I just had to book this cruise.

I love Culturally Enriching experiences and dance so this cruise fit the bill as it was advertised as a Culturally Enriching Cruise and a Royal Dance Cruise.

When I hear the song South America Take it Away it brings chills to my skin. Back in the 70s my Grandfather took a South America trip and took 19 flights all around Brazil.

The Amazon and Iguacu Falls and Argentina are for another trip.

Two weeks ago to get me pumped for the trip I went with my Father to Fogo De Chao as I had won a contest so we had a nice lunch for two with a Caiprinha which really hit the spot.

We are flying on Aero Mexico(Mexico's National Airline) and TAM(Brazilian's National Airline). Sometimes the cheapest fare can get you on some exotic airlines. I did not want to fly on an American carrier so we can begin to experience the culture when we take off. I love these unique itineraries unlike flying to New York or Miami.

I mean we could have just decided to take another cruise from New Orleans or Fort Lauderdale but we can see these places easily so when my Father posed the option either to go to a US Port or Brazil I did not even breathe for a second and I said Brazil without any hesitation.

Getting the Visa in my opinion was not a burden its just part of the experience. If we want Brazilians to get a Visa I think its only fair that we get a Visa. I'm not talking politics. So it was an experience to remember as it was our first time we traveled to a country that does not issue a Visa on Arrival.

Also during the past year I took a career program in Travel and Tourism and passed not only the core curriculum but the National Travel Agency Proficiency Exam. I was applying the skills I learned in the program to our trip.

They mentioned using a Consolidator that I had used for one international trip with good results. So I went onto the website and wouldn't you know I found us two tickets for the price of one one way ticket on the other websites. Had I not found this airfare I can assure you we would not have stopped in Mexico City.

I love the free stop overs airlines give you. Not only does it make it less stressful but it allows you to walk before a long flight.

Thank you to everyone here on Cruise Critic for your wealth of information. Your forum not only is my daily entertainment but it has helped me so much and I want to give back. I will do my best to write a review upon my return.

Edited by travelplus

As the Pointer Sisters said"I'm so excited but I just can't hide it is the feeling I' having right now as this Friday evening my Father and I are leaving to the San Francisco airport for our flight down to Brazil for our much anticipated cruise to Barcelona.

Ever since July I was looking forward to this week counting down the days.

I've always wanted to visit Brazil and now I get the chance. You don't know the emotions that are running through me right now. Just pure elation with a feeling of Saudade(longing for Brazil).

I wanted to take a cruise from a destination that was thousands of miles away. Just looking at the itinerary a year ago in the Crown and Anchor lounge on the Navigator made my heart skip a beat. I mean how often does one fly just over 6,000 miles only to cross the ocean for another couple of thousand of miles and then fly roughly the same distance home?

I have been planning every detail of this trip and doing the research for my Father. I spent many hours up to the wee hours just researching where to stay, how to get there and other logistics.

We have a 12 hour layover in Mexico City and while some people would be content at the airport I thought what better way to start our trip than touring Mexico City. So I found us a private tour and can't wait to experience the history and local culture.

The trip just gets better and more exotic from there. We will spend 4 nights in Sao Paulo touring the sights along Paulista Ave and surrounding areas, siping Caiprinhas and eating Rodizo and other local foods.

The night before the cruise I booked us at the Mercure Santos with a balcony on the beach. Hopefully I can see the Splendour pull in. What better way to start a cruise than spending a night on the beach.

The trip keeps getting livelier with a stop in Rio. I'm working with a Relative to give us a tour around Rio and have lunch. What better way to experience one of the world's lively cities with a local giving you the tour.

We then have a sea day before a full day tour of Salvador de Bahia with Lunch that Royal is offering. There is a chance that the tour may be only in Portuguese but who cares? I will just use my own two eyes.

Then its more sea days before arriving in Teneriefe where I have another Royal tour which is the Northern Island Panoramic Tour.

Then its another day and a half until we arrive to Malaga(a city we spent lots of time in back in 1998 as part of an extended European trip). I can't wait to walk around the city reliving the memories and having a nice meal there.

And then another sea day before arriving in the magical city of Barcelona.

What better way to end the cruise but its the beginning of another adventure as I found a hotel in the L'Exiample District by Passeig D Gracia. Its a Boutique Hotel in this interesting district. Not many tourist would even imagine staying here. When I saw L'Exiample as part of the choices on Hotwire for $89 a night I did not think twice. We got such a nice hotel(Amister Art Hotel) which has artwork and serves Cava every evening. While breakfast is expensive I'm glad because this will allow us to walk and experience Barcelona like a local.

Barcelona is like the creme de la creme of a trip. This will be my first trip covering such exotic places many people only dream of visiting.

My Mother was part of a Dance Company Tour and she spent time in South America. When she mentioned her time in Brazil and also knowing a lot about the culture from my Cousin's wife who was born and raised in Belo Horizonte I knew I just had to book this cruise.

I love Culturally Enriching experiences and dance so this cruise fit the bill as it was advertised as a Culturally Enriching Cruise and a Royal Dance Cruise.

When I hear the song South America Take it Away it brings chills to my skin. Back in the 70s my Grandfather took a South America trip and took 19 flights all around Brazil.

The Amazon and Iguacu Falls and Argentina are for another trip.

Two weeks ago to get me pumped for the trip I went with my Father to Fogo De Chao as I had won a contest so we had a nice lunch for two with a Caiprinha which really hit the spot.

We are flying on Aero Mexico(Mexico's National Airline) and TAM(Brazilian's National Airline). Sometimes the cheapest fare can get you on some exotic airlines. I did not want to fly on an American carrier so we can begin to experience the culture when we take off. I love these unique itineraries unlike flying to New York or Miami.

I mean we could have just decided to take another cruise from New Orleans or Fort Lauderdale but we can see these places easily so when my Father posed the option either to go to a US Port or Brazil I did not even breathe for a second and I said Brazil without any hesitation.

Getting the Visa in my opinion was not a burden its just part of the experience. If we want Brazilians to get a Visa I think its only fair that we get a Visa. I'm not talking politics. So it was an experience to remember as it was our first time we traveled to a country that does not issue a Visa on Arrival.

Also during the past year I took a career program in Travel and Tourism and passed not only the core curriculum but the National Travel Agency Proficiency Exam. I was applying the skills I learned in the program to our trip.

They mentioned using a Consolidator that I had used for one international trip with good results. So I went onto the website and wouldn't you know I found us two tickets for the price of one one way ticket on the other websites. Had I not found this airfare I can assure you we would not have stopped in Mexico City.

I love the free stop overs airlines give you. Not only does it make it less stressful but it allows you to walk before a long flight.

Thank you to everyone here on Cruise Critic for your wealth of information. Your forum not only is my daily entertainment but it has helped me so much and I want to give back. I will do my best to write a review upon my return.

What an amazing trip!!! Have fun and please give us a report when you get home!!