MDR Breakfast???

Monarch523

Ok.....so please bare with me as I am not so familiar with cruising (second cruise coming up). My question is: Can you have breakfast in the main dining room on Carnival as opposed to eating at the buffet's?? I'm noticing some posts say they prefer eating in the MDR for breakfast?? I thought it was only for dinner that you can eat there..........don't gang up on me all at once:D

On sea days the MDR is open early- 8 or 8:30 am if I recall correctly. That's the time we like to eat breakfast so I was concerned that being they called it "brunch" it would not open until later. So we were happy to be able to eat early. We much prefer breakfast in the dining room to eating in the buffet.

Yes, and I love it, so I do suggest you go. You will find times in the Fun Times. Brunch has breakfast food and lunch food, so if you got up early enough (I never seemed to manage) you could have breakfast and then lunch in the MDR. On the Dream in Dec., MDR ran until 1:00pm on sea days.

Yes you can have breakfast, lunch or brunch in the MDR on the ships I've been on ~ one of my favorite things to do is go to the dining room for breakfast on debarkation day, it's not as crowded as the buffet and usually we've been able to leave any carry on luggage in our room and pick it up after breakfast (we usually let our room steward know this is what we're doing).

Main dining room is not where we usually go - since we get coffee in the early morning w/room service & then to the buffet.

Sea days the main DR is usually open for breakfast - I have read the food is hotter & fresher if you order something 1 off (such as eggs benedict w/no sauce - or sauce on the side) - - I order my eggs benedict w/No English muffin - which did make it fresher!

If you prefer your breakfast fresh and not having sleeveless men dangle their pit hair over your food , then the MDR is for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If there was ever a reason for my question.....you proved it:eek: I'll take a side of hash minus the pit hair please!

not to worry! You'll be able to be seated and served in the mdr at breakfast time. When it's the "sea day brunch", it begins a bit later (think 8:30) but you can still get breakfast food. :)

lulu

~~~

awesome :)

Edited by Monarch523

I eat my breakfast alone as the ol'man moves to slow for me.

I ask to sit by a window & yes I will share a table have met so many fun people.

The service is a bit slower on a normal morning but the also have more time to have a quick chat. Fun to get to know your dinning staff.

Maybe that is why it is a bit slow DUU OL'LADYS like me want to chat.

I didn't get a chance to try the MDR on my last (first) cruise for either breakfast or brunch, mainly for two reasons:

a) limited selection compared to the buffet, and

b) the service in the MDR is, um, leisurely, and most of the time I needed to get out on the gangway shortly after boarding for one reason or another

I'm sure I'll get to it sometime, but not sure I will ever make a habit of it.

We generally eat in the MDR for breakfast. It is vacation, so we are not in a hurry to get anywhere, but the service is usually quite reasonable. The one thing I miss is the omelette station on the buffet.

Note that if your ship has 2 dining rooms for dinner, only one (usually the aft one) will be open for breakfast.

We generally eat in the MDR for breakfast. It is vacation, so we are not in a hurry to get anywhere, but the service is usually quite reasonable. The one thing I miss is the omelette station on the buffet.

Note that if your ship has 2 dining rooms for dinner, only one (usually the aft one) will be open for breakfast.

Ahhhh good to know about the 2 dining rooms. Didnt even think about that.

Sea Day Brunch is totally worth it! Ask for eggs Benedict with sauce on the side, that way you get fresh sauce that hasn't been under a heat lamp.

Do yourself a favor and DO IT!!

Man everyone on this thread keeps talking about the eggs benedict!! Now I'll have to try it!!

Thank you all:)

Eggs Benedict.... MMMMmmmMMMMmmmMMMM!

I don't know about sauce on the side but the last MDR breakfast I ate I ordered EB and the dish was literally inedible. I was stoic and ate it anyway. I was so disappointed. I have had better luck in the past. You can't make that dish ahead and leave it sit for who knows how long. Do you think you could ask for it freshly made? Even still, I'm not sure your Hollandaise sauce isn't going to come from a "just add water" package.