Breakaway Deck 9 Mini Suite Question

NCLNewbie90

Hi Everyone!

I just had a quick question about a cabin that I just got upgraded to on the BA. We had a GTY balcony and I called and was offered a mid ship mini suite on deck 9 which I took. I noticed after I accepted it that it was directly over The Waterfront. I just wanted to know peoples experiences with being right above the waterfront in terms of noise issues and having that white awning directly underneath your balcony.

Also, we are pretty close to the elevators and stairs but I read that people have no complaints with that in terms of noise.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We actually were "down graded" to a deck 9 mini from our deck 13 mini, a week prior to our cruise. Not a GTY, I picked the room with a lot of thought put into our location. I was upset because we did not want deck 9 for the same reasons you ask about.

The roof over the waterfront did block some of the view of the water. It is white, so there was some glare. There was noise from the restaurant/bar below. Never heard the elevators.

That being said we had a great time. None of the issues were bad enough to ruin our cruise. I still am not happy about the cabin change, with no reason given to me, but we had a great time.

I would happily take the upgrade from a balcony, for the bigger room and extra storage.

We were above fat cats also.

NCL would not give me a reason. Gave me $100 obc, which was the cost difference from MA to MB(I think these are the category letters). I argued and they offered to refund my money if this was not acceptable. I took the obc.

You will hear music and the view is not perfect. However, the extra space and larger bathroom were nice. We had a great time, and did not these things bother us.

It is a great ship, Have fun!