Platinum and Non-Platinum checking in?

gkrnjlr

My husband and I are platinum and we're traveling with someone who is not platinum.....but our 6 year old daughter is in their cabin. When we go to the port to check in - will they let the non-platinum cabin come with us to check in since my daughter is with them? Or how will this work? We don't want our 6 year old daughter going a different direction when checking in.

Thanks for any help!

Your daughter can go with you because she is a minor. Your friends may or may not be able to. If an accommodation is made, the check-in agent will have to get their sail and sign cards from another area. Not a big deal, but it will take a few extra minutes to get all checked in.

Your daughter can go with you because she is a minor. Your friends may or may not be able to. If an accommodation is made, the check-in agent will have to get their sail and sign cards from another area. Not a big deal, but it will take a few extra minutes to get all checked in.

Thank you! So essentially....when we get to the port - plan on having a copy of the documents for the other cabin with us and bring our daughter with us. It would be up to the agent at that time (when we get to the port) whether or not they allow the other two (non-platinum) to go with us?

I had heard once before from a PVP that if I accept billing responsibility for all that everyone goes with me. Is that true?

Thanks for your help!

I would never try to take non Platinum friends to Priority check in with me. If every Platinum cruiser did this, their would be no Priority check in, as all would be a mass jam at check in.

I do agree! I just don't want my 6 year old daughter being sent elsewhere at check in.

Thank you! So essentially....when we get to the port - plan on having a copy of the documents for the other cabin with us and bring our daughter with us. It would be up to the agent at that time (when we get to the port) whether or not they allow the other two (non-platinum) to go with us?

I had heard once before from a PVP that if I accept billing responsibility for all that everyone goes with me. Is that true?

Thanks for your help!

That no longer is the case with having everyone on your credit card. With allowing the other two, your mileage may vary. They don't have to, but there's a good chance they will because your minor daughter is in that stateroom. Also, with tendering, each Platinum guest can take up to five people with them.

That no longer is the case with having everyone on your credit card. With allowing the other two, your mileage may vary. They don't have to, but there's a good chance they will because your minor daughter is in that stateroom. Also, with tendering, each Platinum guest can take up to five people with them.

This makes me feel a LOT better! Okay! Thank you!

Why can't your 6-year old check in with the adults she's booked in a cabin with? Do they not allow it? I'm just wondering since my 11-year old is booked in my sister's room. She hasn't been able to purchase FTTF yet. However I already have it. I was figuring if it doesn't become available, that I'll just make sure she has her nephew's documents and they can check in the regular line together. I'm not going to try and put him with us - unless for some reason he has to check in with his parents.

Last year I was traveling with non platinum guests, they went to their regular check in and once they were finished they were allowed to come to the lounge and board early with me.

Got'cha, thanks! As long as my daughter is with us I won't worry - but if they want to join us after they check in that works for me!

Thank you!

Why can't your 6-year old check in with the adults she's booked in a cabin with? Do they not allow it? I'm just wondering since my 11-year old is booked in my sister's room. She hasn't been able to purchase FTTF yet. However I already have it. I was figuring if it doesn't become available, that I'll just make sure she has her nephew's documents and they can check in the regular line together. I'm not going to try and put him with us - unless for some reason he has to check in with his parents.

The others that we are traveling with are friends of mine that my daughter has never met. She's already shy and I wouldn't want her to be uncomfortable going with "this lady I just met" so to speak.

The others that we are traveling with are friends of mine that my daughter has never met. She's already shy and I wouldn't want her to be uncomfortable going with "this lady I just met" so to speak.

I'm just curious why you have booked your 6 year old daughter in a room that are strangers to her instead of in your room with you? Did you plan to keep these accommodations while on board? If possible I would just try to move her to my cabin and have her check in with us and meet up with friends after check in.

I'm just curious why you have booked your 6 year old daughter in a room that are strangers to her instead of in your room with you? Did you plan to keep these accommodations while on board? If possible I would just try to move her to my cabin and have her check in with us and meet up with friends after check in.

We have connecting cabins. When we are onboard if she wants to sleep in that room she can. Otherwise she'll stay in our cabin.

Maybe this arrangement was cheaper for booking purposes. Problem is, if Carnival doesn't bend the rules then the OP will be upset. The other folks should try to purchase FTTF. Just sayin'. I'm thinking everyone in the same room has to check in together. Don't see why the other room should be allowed to check in at the priority line.

Maybe this arrangement was cheaper for booking purposes. Problem is, if Carnival doesn't bend the rules then the OP will be upset. The other folks should try to purchase FTTF. Just sayin'. I'm thinking everyone in the same room has to check in together. Don't see why the other room should be allowed to check in at the priority line.

What rules are there to bend? The daughter is allowed to check in with her. As for the other guests in that stateroom, it is a hit or a miss depending on the port agent.

What rules are there to bend? The daughter is allowed to check in with her. As for the other guests in that stateroom, it is a hit or a miss depending on the port agent.

I was referring to the other guests. As I indicated, I thought everyone in the room had to check in together. A 6-year old wouldn't be in a room without an adult.

I am curious as well. My 15 year old is booked in another room because our room will only hold 4 people. I am platinum, she is not. I'm not asking to bring other non-platinum people with us, just wondering about the check in and boarding procedure for immediate family in this situation, especially if her "roommates" are not yet at the cruise terminal.

My husband and I are platinum and we're traveling with someone who is not platinum.....but our 6 year old daughter is in their cabin. When we go to the port to check in - will they let the non-platinum cabin come with us to check in since my daughter is with them? Or how will this work? We don't want our 6 year old daughter going a different direction when checking in.

Thanks for any help!

You can take your daughter in with you thru platinum embarkation. The hostess will trot right over to the main desk and obtain your daughter's boarding pass. No worries. Takes less than 3 minutes for the hostess to do this. They don't want to separate a young child from the parents. Nobody will give you a hard time. Have a terrific cruise.