Platinum and Non-Platinum checking in?

gkrnjlr

You can take your daughter in with you thru platinum embarkation. The hostess will trot right over to the main desk and obtain your daughter's boarding pass. No worries. Takes less than 3 minutes for the hostess to do this. They don't want to separate a young child from the parents. Nobody will give you a hard time. Have a terrific cruise.

Thank you!!!

Most reasonable ports will allow non-Platinum minor children to tag along into the Platinum lounge with their parents. The passengers in the other cabin can check in separate from your daughter, just print separate boarding passes for the guests in the other cabin. If it is really important that the other cabin check in with you (doesn't sound like it is), than put down the $50 to purchase FTTF.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

You can print the boarding pass of your daughter separate from your friends. Each person in a room can have their own BP if ya wanted. You can even add your daughter to your credit card when you set up your board expense account. Then you don't have to deal with that once onboard. All you need to do is add her name and her booking number. Folks in your cabin and young daughter go through Platinum and friends go through regular. Meet up on Lido. No big deal.

Have a great time!

Kat

So, you don't mind if your 6 year old stays in a cabin with people she has never met so long as she doesn't have to go through that awful "regular" check in line with them??????

Wow talk about taking it to the extreme!

In case you missed it....we have connecting cabins and the friends that she's booked with aren't platinum so we are going to keep her with us at check in.

Thanks for being so concerned, though.

You can print the boarding pass of your daughter separate from your friends. Each person in a room can have their own BP if ya wanted. You can even add your daughter to your credit card when you set up your board expense account. Then you don't have to deal with that once onboard. All you need to do is add her name and her booking number. Folks in your cabin and young daughter go through Platinum and friends go through regular. Meet up on Lido. No big deal.

Have a great time!

Kat

That is exactly the process I just did online so that everything is taken care of! I didn't even realize that I could combine her onto our onboard expense account. I wrongly assumed that since she was on a different reservation it had to stay separate.

All is set now and we're good to go! Now we just wait.....(the hard part).

What rules are there to bend? The daughter is allowed to check in with her. As for the other guests in that stateroom, it is a hit or a miss depending on the port agent.

Funny because you answered your own question. Attempting to take a non-Plat through the Plat line are the rules being bent.

So, you think Carnival should give Platinum check in status to two non-Platinum cruisers because you don't want to wait in the non--Platinum line? :rolleyes:

To clarify, in case you missed it in previous posts.....my goal is to have my DAUGHTER check in with us. That's all! I don't try to sneak perks for others.

Why is it that there are people that feel the need to assume that everyone is out to get something? I simply logged on asking a question and actually DID get help with what I was trying to accomplish but I am also finding that there are people that just attack.

Seriously? This is a vacation board! This should be lighthearted. Not something I (or anyone else) should have to go into self-defense mode just for asking a question.

Not trying to bend any rules! Just wanted to make sure I take my daughter from another cabin to check in with me!

Sorry but you are incorrect. Based on your OP "will they let the non-platinum cabin come with us to check in since my daughter is with them" you are definitely trying to get the port to bend the rules and from what i can tell, you are using your daughter as the bait. Either have your daughter check in with the friend, take your daughter with you and have your friend check in by herself, or go with your daughter and friend and check in through the non-Plat line. Those are the options available without expecting someone to bend the rules.

Sorry but you are incorrect. Based on your OP "will they let the non-platinum cabin come with us to check in since my daughter is with them" you are definitely trying to get the port to bend the rules and from what i can tell, you are using your daughter as the bait. Either have your daughter check in with the friend, take your daughter with you and have your friend check in by herself, or go with your daughter and friend and check in through the non-Plat line. Those are the options available without expecting someone to bend the rules.

Rest assured......everything is finalized! She will be checking in with me! The non-platinums will be checking in on their own.

To clarify, in case you missed it in previous posts.....my goal is to have my DAUGHTER check in with us. That's all! I don't try to sneak perks for others.

Why is it that there are people that feel the need to assume that everyone is out to get something? I simply logged on asking a question and actually DID get help with what I was trying to accomplish but I am also finding that there are people that just attack.

Seriously? This is a vacation board! This should be lighthearted. Not something I (or anyone else) should have to go into self-defense mode just for asking a question.

Again, reread your OP and then I think you will see the error. You asked for the cabin to be able to come along, not just your daughter. Yes, you can take your daughter with you, no problem at all. The rest of the cabin, that's the issue and was your original request/question.

The OPs original post wasn't just about her 6-year old checking in with the parent. It was the whole non-platinum party. I also don't understand why someone would put a 6-year old in a cabin with virtual strangers to the child. I thought minors had to check in with the adults they are booked in a room with, which is typically not an issue since most people don't book their kids in cabins with people they don't know.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

From experience , they will not let the minor check in ( with the parents or without ) until the adult guest in that cabin have checked in also. Even though she is your daughter , you have her booked in a cabin with someone else and Carnival will not allow a minor to be checked in before the adult guest that are also occupying the same cabin

From experience , they will not let the minor check in ( with the parents or without ) until the adult guest in that cabin have checked in also. Even though she is your daughter , you have her booked in a cabin with someone else and Carnival will not allow a minor to be checked in before the adult guest that are also occupying the same cabin

Information good to know. Thanks! The adult in the other cabin is my sister, whom will be traveling with us. (My daughter's never met her or her daughter or I'd let her go with them.)

I guess it all depends on how long it'll take her to get through her line before we get checked in.

Thanks!

The others that we are traveling with are friends of mine that my daughter has never met. She's already shy and I wouldn't want her to be uncomfortable going with "this lady I just met" so to speak.

U sure you are not coming up with some story on here to feed into people. U claim that your not trying to have your non platinum friends come to the platinum line when the title clearly stated that's what you wanted. Now you say the friends are your sister. My sister is not a friend she is family. Just stating what you have said.

U sure you are not coming up with some story on here to feed into people. U claim that your not trying to have your non platinum friends come to the platinum line when the title clearly stated that's what you wanted. Now you say the friends are your sister. My sister is not a friend she is family. Just stating what you have said.

Wow! Feel free come up with things and to pass judgment on people. <smh>

Thank you to those who helped! I got the help and answers that I needed.

Wow!

Wow! Feel free come up with things and to pass judgment on people. <smh>

Thank you to those who helped! I got the help and answers that I needed.

Wow!

Seems to me like you're passing judgment for people simply responding to the things you actually said. Nobody made up anything. You went from the whole room to just your 6-year old to strangers that only know you and not your child to a sister. OK. lol.

Enjoy your cruise.

You can take your daughter in with you thru platinum embarkation. The hostess will trot right over to the main desk and obtain your daughter's boarding pass. No worries. Takes less than 3 minutes for the hostess to do this. They don't want to separate a young child from the parents. Nobody will give you a hard time. Have a terrific cruise.

No, they won't. The non Plat isn't going to be able to get into the lounge without a Priority Boarding Pass. Quite frankly, I don't want my check in slowed so the Check in Folks in the Priority Lounge can provide assistance to non priority passengers.

No, they won't. The non Plat isn't going to be able to get into the lounge without a Priority Boarding Pass. Quite frankly, I don't want my check in slowed so the Check in Folks in the Priority Lounge can provide assistance to non priority passengers.

From my own personal experience on over 25 cruises...yes, they will and they are very gracious about it. I have done it many times with my children and my elderly parents.

From my own personal experience on over 25 cruises...yes, they will and they are very gracious about it. I have done it many times with my children and my elderly parents.

This has all changed now that they are selling FTTF. Use to be you could bring non-platinum with you but not anymore.

Pat

This has all changed now that they are selling FTTF. Use to be you could bring non-platinum with you but not anymore.

Pat

Then I guess I need to be moving guests around on my booking. My daughter, SIL and grand daughter in one cabin 1, me - (Plantium), signaficant other (Plantium) and grandson (minor) in another cabin 2. We have always boarded together in the past. I paid for both cabins, so no I am not going to buy them FTTF.

Then I guess I need to be moving guests around on my booking. My daughter, SIL and grand daughter in one cabin 1, me - (Plantium), signaficant other (Plantium) and grandson (minor) in another cabin 2. We have always boarded together in the past. I paid for both cabins, so no I am not going to buy them FTTF.

I agree. You paid for the trip, they should spring for FTTF.