Recent Cruisers - Bombarded with "Happy"?

That Pharrell song "Happy" is starting to have the opposite affect on me. I'm curious as to whether recent sailings have this song on a continual loop. :eek:

Yesterday, I had 3 quick errands, and each store I went into had that song on. Its driving me crazy.

We sailed a million years ago for our Honeymoon and the Macarena just came out. Goodness - it was EVERYWHERE. I feel that this will happen with Happy. :(

There was a post here recently about how "Gangnam Style" was played over and over and over again. I made a comment about launching myself off the ship if that happened. I was completely flamed for disprespecting that song. So be careful what you say about "Happy". (And pack earplugs.)

By the way, we are on the same cruise but my countdown clock has me leaving first. haha

Edited by LrgPizza

That Pharrell song "Happy" is starting to have the opposite affect on me. I'm curious as to whether recent sailings have this song on a continual loop. :eek:

Yesterday, I had 3 quick errands, and each store I went into had that song on. Its driving me crazy.

We sailed a million years ago for our Honeymoon and the Macarena just came out. Goodness - it was EVERYWHERE. I feel that this will happen with Happy. :(

HAHAHAHAHA. I was just telling someone that I'm avoiding that song at all costs because I'm starting to get sick of it and I'm expecting to hear it ad nauseum on my cruise next month!

There was a post here recently about how "Gangnam Style" was played over and over and over again. I made a comment about launching myself off the ship if that happened. I was completely flamed for disprespecting that song. So be careful what you say about "Happy". (And pack earplugs.)

By the way, we are on the same cruise but my countdown clock has me leaving first. haha

Gangham style......we if I was on the cruise - you and I would have jumped "Thelma and Lousie" style. LOL :D

I'm so used to being flamed on these boards -there's no need for a pre-vactaion tanning bed. LOL

I still love the song! Everytime I hear it, reminds me that my first cruise is in a few short weeks.

There are much worse songs that I could have stuck in my head.

Don't worry be happy - kill me now!

I still love the song! Everytime I hear it, reminds me that my first cruise is in a few short weeks.

There are much worse songs that I could have stuck in my head.

Don't worry be happy - kill me now!

I love the song too. And it makes me wish my cruise would hurry up and get here!

On a recent Gem cruise, we did not hear it once. Since NCL recently made a video to "Happy" that can be seen on YouTube, we were surprised they didn't show it during the welcome show. Since we're mentioning other songs to get you in the mood...how about "Sailing" by Christopher Cross. (Yes, I'm dating myself.)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

"Happy" wasn't played once onboard Getaway during my cruise. However, it was played repeatedly in every port that we visited. It's a fun song, but most things gets old after enough time has passed. I only hear "Gangnam Style" from the Carnival ships in port these days.

Hah - I hate "Happy" too - and have since I first heard it. My neighbor loves it and plays it a ton... grrrr... good thing we love our neighbors. My husband likes it and dances when he hears it... so that makes it tolerable to me :o

On our cruise in 2009 - I downloaded that song on itunes, played it daily from our balcony. Not the clean version either :eek:. LOL Ahhh good times....

I put together a cruise playlist to blast from my balcony. I need to add that. HA!

We're going to have to compare playlists... My ticker is the same as yours. How do you see that yours is sooner?

Because when I posted after you earlier, mine was 3 minutes earlier. It must know that I plan to run. :D