Alcohol pkgs

Love fishing

Sharing of the alcohol package is not allowed.It is meant to be used only by the person purchasing it. Those are the rules,what you do with those rules is up to you.I hope most people obey the rules.

Laura

To actually answer the question, yes you can get away with it if you really want to. But, you can only order one drink at a time per Cheers package. So if you only bought two, but have 4 people drinking, you can only get 2 drinks at a time, and only the people who bought the cheers packages can get the drinks.

And since there is a limit of 15 per day, if you have 4 people, that only 7 1/2 drinks per person per day. Is it worth it? Probably not.

Sharing of the alcohol package is not allowed.It is meant to be used only by the person purchasing it. Those are the rules,what you do with those rules is up to you.I hope most people obey the rules.

Laura

I see people sharing all the time. In theory the OP's post can work but if they catch you doing it I assume you may lose the package. Just like everything on Carnival plenty of people abuse things.

Carnival shouldn't care if it is shared or not since they have a 15 drink limit for each day. Just IMO.

It's not a 15 drink punch card. It's up to 15 drinks. Do you pay for just one plate at an all-you-can-eat buffet and then share that plate with someone? Same thing.

It's not a 15 drink punch card. It's up to 15 drinks. Do you pay for just one plate at an all-you-can-eat buffet and then share that plate with someone? Same thing.

It's a bit of a difference. It's not all you can drink, it's a 15 drink limit. You're basically paying a discounted price for 15 drinks. It you're not going to drink all 15, who cares who does?

It's a bit of a difference. It's not all you can drink, it's a 15 drink limit. You're basically paying a discounted price for 15 drinks. It you're not going to drink all 15, who cares who does?

Carnival does, since the rules state no sharing.

Carnival does, since the rules state no sharing.

I don't have a dog in this fight, since I only have one cabin and both of us will be getting the package. But come on, think about it! You're paying for 15 drinks, why should Carnival care who drinks them?

I don't have a dog in this fight, since I only have one cabin and both of us will be getting the package. But come on, think about it! You're paying for 15 drinks, why should Carnival care who drinks them?

Carnival does track how many drinks per day people buy with the package and they price the package so they make money. If everyone drank the max or shared and ordered the max, then the price would go up.

So if you use the drink package, you do have a dog in this fight.

Carnival does track how many drinks per day people buy with the package and they price the package so they make money. If everyone drank the max or shared and ordered the max, then the price would go up.

So if you use the drink package, you do have a dog in this fight.

I'll be using it for the first time, and I'm sure I'll max it out. :D;)

Edited by Fitzget

come on, think about it! You're paying for 15 drinks, why should Carnival care who drinks them?

Easy, you're paying for "up to" 15 drinks. The fewer each Cheers program participant buys, the higher Carnival's marginal revenue. :cool:

Obviously Carnival knows some try to share, thus the 5-minute ban between drink orders. As abuse of the program grows I expect they'll increase that timer to make it less convenient to share.

because if one person buys the package and drinks 7 or 8 or any number and the other person does not buy the cheers and pays for the drinks a la carte, Carnival makes more money.

the price point they put there was for one person. they averaged how much that person will drink. They did not think every person will drink all 15 (or they would raise the price). So if their price point considered the average person will drink 10 drinks (still a good deal), and now 15 drinks are getting consumed more often (because of sharing), they will raise the price.

because if one person buys the package and drinks 7 or 8 or any number and the other person does not buy the cheers and pays for the drinks a la carte, Carnival makes more money.

the price point they put there was for one person. they averaged how much that person will drink. They did not think every person will drink all 15 (or they would raise the price). So if their price point considered the average person will drink 10 drinks (still a good deal), and now 15 drinks are getting consumed more often (because of sharing), they will raise the price.

You are 100% correct.... Cheers has gone up a lot since the package rolled out, however more and more people continue to share anyway still making it a good deal. They do not do a good job to prevent sharing as you can go to one bar, order a drink and then just wait your five minutes and go to another bar to order a drink. As long as you wait your five minutes you will get served.

You are 100% correct.... Cheers has gone up a lot since the package rolled out, however more and more people continue to share anyway still making it a good deal. They do not do a good job to prevent sharing as you can go to one bar, order a drink and then just wait your five minutes and go to another bar to order a drink. As long as you wait your five minutes you will get served.

its a shame because people who break the rules will ruin it for everyone

Easy, you're paying for "up to" 15 drinks. The fewer each Cheers program participant buys, the higher Carnival's marginal revenue. :cool:

Obviously Carnival knows some try to share, thus the 5-minute ban between drink orders. As abuse of the program grows I expect they'll increase that timer to make it less convenient to share.

Because you are not paying for 15 drinks. You are paying a reduced fee that allows you 15 drinks for around the price of six which is around the break even point.

If people were allowed to share Carnival would loose money and cruise prices would go up. I don't really care one way or the other just pointing out what should be obvious.